About the job
- Prepare and review Policies and Procedures of Plant QA/QC Section, e.g.: Gas cylinder Inspection, Portable Tank Inspection, Valve testing, Lifting Lug Welding & Inspection etc. and assist in revision/ updating of the same on time including support for various other QA/QC Procedures.
- Supervise the activities of Asset QA/QC Inspectors, Contract hired Engineers/Inspectors and NDT Technicians in compliance with procedure requirements and perform the supervisory function at the level established for the position.
- Plan for carrying out metallurgical failure analysis on failed plant and offshore components and review the reports with respect to the cause of failure for further recommendations. This involves the coordination and execution of activities at the plant through the Contractor.
- Perform QA/QC-related activities for procurement of material/ equipment. This involves purchase requisition reviews, technical bid evaluation, the appointment of TPI and material receiving inspection at the warehouse.
- Review and approve as applicable all repair instructions, WPS/PQR, WQT, QA/QC reports, generated by QA/QC Inspectors. Ensure that the QA/QC requirements are implemented during the execution of the job.
- Develop new welding procedures for the company. Review and approval of Inspection/Testing Procedures (PWHT, NDT, Pressure Testing etc.) of another service provider.
- Participate and provide necessary inputs for Asset & Shutdown meetings, Lessons learned, FRA, EMOC and RCFA from QA/QC perspective.
- Review and provide technical input on the SOW for Maintenance contracts related to repair/modification works, perform Technical Bid evaluations, review/approve all Contractor documents and ensure compliance to QA/QC requirements during execution including shutdowns.
- Conduct technical audits as per the annual schedule on suppliers’ and contractors Quality Management systems and prepare the Audit reports.
- Plan and ensure timely execution of inspection and certification of Gas Cylinders, Portable Tanks and Lifting Equipment as per QA/QC section KPI.
- Bachelor’s degree in Metallurgy or Mechanical Engineering
- Professional qualifications in welding, NDT, and Inspection.
- 8 years of experience in QA/QC activities for Oil and Gas industry.
- Proficiency in the QA/QC activities of pressure vessels, tanks, piping fabrication, welding, NDT & Auditing.
- Proficient in written and spoken English.
- Computer literate.
- Good interpersonal and essential Leadership skills to manage the relationship with key stakeholders.
- Data analysis and reporting skills.
- Ability to work as a delegate to the Lead and provides required guidance and technical support to the team.