About the job
We are looking for people who are passionate about working with children and their caregivers, and who are interested in assisting with fun educational activities. This role is best for people who are children at heart, enjoy playing, have a willingness to be silly and creative.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Guest Experience and Service
- Be an ambassador for the OliOli® brand; ensure that every visitors experience at OliOli® meets or exceeds expectations, enhancing the profile of OliOli® within the community – specifically through inclusive, culturally appropriate, positive and memorable interactions with a friendly and sincere approach.
- Treat every visitor with respect and provide friendly, courteous communication by orienting them to the building and informing them of the exhibits areas, offerings, promotions, campaigns and events. Provide excellent guest service and facilitate the visitors experience and journey through proactive and thoughtful interaction.
- Assisting events with groups of children from schools, birthday parties, or camp activities.
- Attend to guest queries/complaints. Amicably resolve matters with dissatisfied guests and collect and communicate guests feedback and suggestions to management.
- Manage any situation with overcrowding in relation to the maximum capacity of the area or around a particular exhibit.
- Comfortably facilitate and manage exhibits spaces and components.
- Follow and perform the daily opening/closing protocols and procedures including (without limitation) routine cleaning, restocking, and preparation of program materials.
Exhibits area / Education
- Have an honest and comprehensive understanding of OliOli®s philosophy and developmental, pedagogical, and other learning objectives.
- Develop a deep understanding of the learning opportunities for each exhibit/gallery.
- Understand and stay current with the exhibit and program initiatives.
- Participate in training programs designed to enhance interaction with guests in the OliOli® manner.
- Work as a team to ensure that the entire building (and each and every gallery/corner) within the premises is highly presentable (clean, tidy, supplies in proper place, well organized, properly maintained, etc.).
Safety / Security
- Provide a safe environment for all guests, specifically for the children.
- Communicate any safety/ performance issues regarding exhibits components.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures of OliOli®.
- Assist guests in case of an incident or an emergency situation.
- Take ownership of the safety of the facility and report and follow up on any repairs, or changes needed.
- Attend training and be prepared to perform emergency procedures (i.e. fire evacuation, accident reporting, etc)
- College degree is required.
- Education and/or experience in early childhood development will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact positively with children, adults, and large groups.
- Excellent grasp of the English language. Arabic is a plus.
Traits & Characteristics
- Self-starter and self-motivated, who enjoys working in an active, team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Lots of positive energy, respectful of diversity, patient, empathetic, friendly and kind.
- Interest and enthusiasm for working with children and families.
- Adaptable to perform a variety of duties.
- The role is expected to be physically demanding and the candidate must have the physical and emotional capacity to deal with the roles requirements.
- The noise level in the work environment is highly variable, from quiet to loud.
- The working timings include morning and/or evening shifts. Weekends and holidays work are required.
- Uniform/dress code required.
Compensation: QAR 5,000 / per month