About the job
As a First Commis Chef within Bakery & Pastry, you will be responsible for the execution of assigned work by the Chef de Partie / Demi Chef de Partie. You will be responsible to assist in the preparation, cooking, and dishing out of the food items as required in his section and in accordance with the airline specifications and standards whilst adhering food safety system.
- Facilitate hygiene and grooming standards is followed.
- Assign the staff to follow FIFO (First IN First OUT) system of handling raw materials and processed food at all times.
- Ensure that all the meals are produced according to the flight load given and tag with clear name and day code for easy handling.
- Co-ordinate with the staff to use raw materials efficiently with maximum yield and minimum wastage.
- Co-ordinate with DCDP for planning of the section and supports during menu presentation.
- Facilitate all assigned activities assigned and ensures that they are completed on time and the report is given based on production plan.
- Divide all the tasks assigned by his senior to his assistants.
- Follow instructions of seniors to help in smooth operation and assist Chef de Partie and Sous Chef in implementing new process or new cooking techniques.
- Provide all the information related to machinery failure and small equipment damages to Chef de Partie.
- High School or Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- 1 year of relevant experience
- Good working knowledge about Food and Beverages
- Fluent in reading, writing, speaking English
- Basic Food hygiene and HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point) skills
- Must be keenly aware of new trends and directions in the fine doing service industry
- Computer literate
- Ability to effectively supervise and train a large diverse work staff and experience in managing in a high-pressure environment
- Planning and supervising skills
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal communication skills