About the job
We invite you to join us.
Our newest opportunity is for a talented Senior Geotechnical Design Engineer to join our award-winning team based in Abu Dhabi, UAE.
This position is responsible for performing geotechnical design of new and existing civil structures such as retaining walls, culverts, bridges foundation, superficial foundations, piled foundations and shoring structures.
We envisage success in this role to include;
- Performing geotechnical design of new and existing civil structures, such as, retaining walls, culverts, bridge foundations, superficial foundations, piled foundations, and shoring structures.
- Setting-up geotechnical investigation planning including costs and programming and for the review of geotechnical information coming from GI results.
- Preparing feasibility studies, geotechnical reports and interpretative geotechnical reports
- Ensuring that the projects meet the scope of work as established with the client and management team, performing work in accordance with the agreed-upon budget and schedule with little supervision.
- Ensuring compliance with design and safety standards.
- Providing input and technical guidance to CAD designers/Drafters, Designers, and junior Engineers working on the same projects.
- Preparing different project stages deliverables in what refers to Geotechnical support.
- Preparing and reviewing calculation reports, drawings and other geotechnical information.
- Attending meetings with clients and/or stakeholders involved in the projects.
- Supporting the management in proposal preparation
- Assisting in obtaining design approval from authorities/agencies.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity, we envision that your career journey to date will include at least 8 years of experience in a consultancy environment partnered with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related course.
Chartered Engineers or working towards Chartership will be viewed favorably.