About the job
The primary purpose of the job
- Responsible and accountable for managing all QatarEnergy’s international non-operated exploration, appraisal and growth assets in the Middle East and Asia at the highest safety standards and technical/operational excellence to maximize economic value creation for QatarEnergy in the international upstream sector.
- Manage all technical, operational and all related administrative activities in QatarEnergy exploration, appraisal and growth assets in Middle East and Asia.
- Supervise Exploration and Growth asset teams consisting of multidisciplinary teams of professionals and support function staff for QatarEnergy’s global exploration assets.
- Provide technical leadership, oversight and assurance and provide deep subsurface knowledge of the conventional and unconventional exploration plays across Middle East and Asia.
- Plan and formulate in line with Exploration and Growth Manager, the long- and short-term asset management strategies and plans and to represent QatarEnergy interests to partners and operators.
- Work closely with partner counterparts in each respective asset/project in order to set out mutually acceptable project execution and performance targets through the business planning and the budget cycle process.
- Actively promote areas for growth and business development across Middle East and Asia and work closely with the Business Development teams to manage growth projects and evaluations.
Experience & Skills
- Oil/gas finder with 15+ years of experience as an explorer in international oil companies
- Experienced exploration leader with 1st hand operational experience, and track record of having led teams through the full exploration value chain, from BD to appraisal hand-over
- In-depth firsthand knowledge and experience of Middle Eastern and Asian sedimentary basins and exploration landscape a must
- Proven track record of prospect maturation and risking in conventional and unconventional exploration plays
- Demonstrated ability to manage multi-disciplinary teams, projects and ventures
- A keen explorer who enjoys working with a close team of professionals to mature exploration projects and provide clear recommendations for the company and JV
- An ability to enthuse the team and to mentor younger staff as well as to reach across different disciplines
- Must be able to work in a non-operated capacity demonstrating communication skills fundamental to preserving credibility and influencing QP’s operating JV partners
- Should be abreast of the latest technological advancements in the industry
- M.Sc. or higher in a core Geoscience subject