About the job
At Mandarin Oriental, Doha we welcome colleagues with the passion to deliver the best service and exceed our guest’s expectations.
- Respond and attend to repair requests.
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards, anticipate and address guests.
- Understand and operate advanced electrical, plumbing, air conditioning & refrigeration, laundry & kitchen equipment, solar systems and boiler systems.
- Communicate with different types of people to comprehend what they want and to provide them with information and assistance.
- Update the maintenance work order form / Job card and file them.
- Interpret readings from meters & gauges and other measuring units.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments.
- Read and understand test equipment, measuring devices, and safety manuals.
- Perform maintenance activities in the guest room like plunging toilets, unclogging drains, repairing all types of hardware, electrical equipment including lamps, air conditioners / HVAC and AC ducts.
- A formal qualification in mechanical/electrical engineering
- Hands-on experience in day-to-day maintenance of the hotel/villas
- A minimum of 2-5 years of technical background. 1-3 Years industry experience in a similar role in a luxury hotel is preferred
- Should possess an excellent command of English (written and oral) – Fluency in other languages will be a definite advantage
- Demonstrates awareness and understanding of the energy and water usage in the hotel and takes active part in all conservation activities
- Demonstrates a passion for “zero failures” and utilises professional experience and innovative maintenance practices to constantly look for improvements.