About the job
Overview of the role:
The Sales Associate is responsible for sales generation and delivering a positive customer experience, and for a variety of operational duties as assigned by the store management team (i.e. housekeeping duties, visual presentation standards, etc.).
What you will do:-
Description of Accountability:
- Creates a sparkling clean and organized environment by maintaining store standards and cleanliness
- Participates in and attends all store meetings and other related functions
- Represents a positive attitude toward the merchandise, the brand and the company
- Participates in all inventories
- Assumes and completes other duties as assigned by store management .
- Meets or exceeds weekly sales targets
- Satisfactorily completes all duties as assigned by management
- Is punctual and adheres to designated work schedule
- Is flexible and works well with peers and management to accomplish duties
- Follows M&S Policies and Procedures 100%
- Performs housekeeping duties as required
- Creates a positive first impression for the customer through an energetic attitude and adhering to dress code
- Greets customers immediately upon entering the store with a smile and sincere non business like greeting
- Provides customers with current relevant information
- Provides quality service in the fitting rooms, follows up with customers in a timely manner, maintains cash wrap cleanliness and attempts to add on to the sale about the product
- Provides efficient service at the cash wrap, offers gift cards, maintains cash wrap cleanliness and captures customer information in the database
- Sincerely thanks all customers for shopping at M&S as they exit the store, and invites them back.
Required Skills to be successful:
- The Sales Associate should have a friendly and engaging personality and be comfortable with working with members of the general public.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Ability to stand for a minimum of 8 hours
- Confident, helpful and polite and be physically fit
- Stock replenishment
What equips you for the role:
- High School (Bachelor Preferred)
- 4-5 years’ experience in Fashion industry.
- Proven ability to achieve goals.
- Good Personality
- Good communication skills
- Excellent relationship skills