About the job
As a Pastry Line Duty Manager within Bakery & Pastry, you will be responsible for all aspects of bakery and pastry production with a primary focus on the management of the new pastry lines, bakery and pastry production, staffing, forecasting, preparation, productivity and quality control. Additionally, you will be responsible for improving the culinary quality standards of the QACC bakery production, including safe food production in accordance with HACCP standards.
- Facilitate the installation and commissioning of the new pastry line, including factory acceptance test and engagement with all suppliers and service providers.
- Support the development of training framework for staff on how to operate the new production line.
- Support the delivery and implementation of SOPs required to operate equipment and production line. Facilitate, educate, motivate, coach, counsel and guide the production group to ensure that they have the qualification and ability to deliver results.
- Provide input on menu/product development of new products and concepts to showcase to customer during presentation.
- Manage and develop production systems to ensure increased productivity, quality and food safety with a disciplined approach on costs, including the cost-effective utilization of staff and equipment.
- Actively analyses and verifies production waste reports to minimize food variance between demand and supply.
- Analyze food cost variance reports provided by Finance to identify gaps in production, ordering and invoicing.
- Regularly review quality of purchased goods to ensure adherence to QACC and/or customer specifications.
An ideal candidate will meet below qualifications and experience
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification / Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience
- Proven sound knowledge and experience in a highly automated, high volume, quick turnaround, and demanding environment in bakery and pastry production.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in Excel, at an intermediate or expert level.
- Fluent in spoken & written English.
- Ability to communicate with various organizational levels, including management, customers, and staff in general.
- Proficiency in menu development and cost controls with proven track record.
- Ability to perform various manual skills such as; lifting, reaching, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, squatting, grasping and eye-hand coordination on a continuous basis.
- Ability in multi-tasking, while maintaining continued focus on priorities at hand even with constant interruptions.
- Previous P&L accountability and contract management experience.
- Good knowledge of food and catering trends with a focus on quality, production, sanitation, cost controls, and menu presentation.
- Culinary creativity and menu writing abilities.