About the job
About The Role
The Lead Supply Chain Officer is responsible for ensuring the efficient operation of all F&B Stores with regards to their receiving and inventory activities. Oversees F&B store staff and adhere to necessary safety and legal procedure of work place including planning, reporting, training, and coaching. Assist cost controller in preparing various inventory reports while maintaining accurate inventory and associated records. Ensures that workplace health and safety requirements are met at all times and takes responsibility for the security of the building and all stocks within the respective department. Follow all SOPs, QA & HACCP practices and provide relevant advice and knowledge where necessary.
Your Responsibilities Include But Not Limited To
- Liaise with production and operations to gain insight into their current and expected requirements for products.
- Submit cost estimates and schedules for integrating the demands and needs of the business into the ERP system in order to produce the forecast expenditure to plan the product requirement.
- Assign duties and workload among the team to guarantee an equitable division and ensure the reliability of the work is maintained and monitored.
- Brief supervisors on any particular issues for each day, motivate and encourage teamwork within and between departments to meet productivity targets and budget objectives.
- Ensure the team has a full understanding and required resources are available to ensure unloading operations occur punctually and within expense limits and liaise with purchasing and logistics team for planning container receipts and transfers.
- Organize and plan the team for receipt, storage, processing and dispatch of goods within the DC and F&B sub-store areas and organize special requirements for certain stocks, such as chilled goods or fragile products.
- Make sure that all storage product is maintained through the approved product list, set minimum/maximum stock and reorder level for all stock categories. Ensure the availability of stock by coordinating with purchasing department.
- Verify all purchase request for quantity, cost and source etc. to avoid unavailability of goods and over stocking.
- Ensure all stocks are dispatched to various operational outlets as per the Transfer Journal and schedule to safeguard the stock availability to meet all sales opportunities.
- Adhere to FSSC and expiry policy for any kind of stock movements to avoid damaged or expired products.
- Coordinate with purchasing team to report non-availability of goods to the concerned end user outlet and management and handle all purchase returns and pending deliveries.
- Ensure all documents are posted on a daily basis and comparison of physical and system inventories do not show major discrepancies. Affirm the accuracy of statements of accounts to ensure that posted invoice details correspond with the Statement of Account.
- Ensure that all invoices, transfer journals and other store related documents are checked to ensure the accuracy of inventory data posted into the ERP system.
Without a Degree:
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 5 years of job-related experience
OR With a Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 4 years of job-related experience
- Minimum 5-6 years materials handling/warehouse management experience in a F&B oriented warehouse or similar business i.e. alcoholic drinks or FMCG such as soft drinks, foodstuffs, confectionery or similar
- Experience in commercial Food and Beverage operation or experience in a 5 star hotels or resort Food and Beverage operation required.
- Experience in Hygiene and Health and Safety
- Airport Experience.
- Experience in a high volume, quality focused establishment.
Job Specific Skills
- Familiar with the industry standards concerning climate control, stacking and storage of products.
- Knowledge of store layout and organization.
- Knowledge of materials handling and inventory control.
- Considerable knowledge of requisition procedures, documentation and automated inventory control procedures.
- Knowledge of Inventory Management.
- Decision making skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills