About the job
The Enterprise Solution Architect provides direction, guidance, and definition of the enterprise IT solutions architecture for Milaha in support of the business strategy. The ESA is responsible for creating and documenting the current and future state architectures, standards, and strategies for the technology team through a deep understanding of the underlying enterprise business drivers.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver strategic business and technology roadmaps, across various domains, to enhance the operational efficiency and provide visionary guidance for business and technology portfolios.
- Understanding of key IT trends, leading discussions regarding applicability of new technology as well as incorporating it into the overall development and delivery of the IT strategy, architecture and roadmaps
- Champions and leads the Architectural Governance process to establish architectural standards
- Lead the architecture and solution design aspects of engagement(s) with external vendor ensuring high quality and integrated cross-domain business solutions.
- Provide assessment of current state architecture and recommendation of future state architecture.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of IAAS, PAAS, SAAS and ability to recommend platform based on application needs
- Drive solution innovation by proactively identifying solution creation opportunities based on understanding of domain and technology trends
- Participate in day-to-day management of cross-functional team on architecture engagements including coaching, providing constructive feedback and performance development.
- Lead the development of digital and customer strategies, proposed operating models, strategic roadmaps and robust business cases in support of the Management agenda for achieving business efficiency and disruption in Milaha’s business pillars
- Demonstrate leadership by working with the different IT Teams including Technical Support, Business Support, IT Operations, and Cyber Security
- Exercise creativity, independent judgment and business acumen in selecting methods and techniques to design non-routine and very complex business solutions utilizing existing solutions and technology to meet customer needs.
- Conduct repeatable strategy, architecture, roadmap, and planning workshops & assess overall alignment between business and technology roadmaps
- Act a guide to the teams executing digital transformation in areas of architecture of both domain and technology implementations
- Build cloud native applications using modern development technologies, including Containers and DevOps.
- Evaluate solutions alignment with the end user experience
- Create, own and maintain the Milaha Architectural Artifacts (building blocks, models, governance, architecture and unified roadmaps, etc.).
- Lead the documentation and analysis of the current state of all of the IT environments
- Collaborate on defining future state architectures and develop gap plans
- Collaborate extensively with IT Leaders and technical delivery teams to ensure alignment of best practices and standards
- Present architecture and strategy to all layer of the company from executives to individual contributors
- Closely work with Project Managers to manage the project scope
- Lead the creation and deployment of cloud-based systems that are scalable, secure, and aligned with company-wide business and IT objectives
- Perform targeted studies and evaluations to understand business objectives; translate those objectives into a cloud strategy; and recommend cloud technology options to IT management that map to tangible infrastructure solutions
Education & Professional Qualification:
- Master or Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Information Systems , or related discipline
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in working as an enterprise or solution architect designing and implementing large-scale systems and databases
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in creating clear, concise documentation for a multi-tier architectural model and discussing technical matters effectively with business end users
- Extensive experience in a multi-cloud environment (Oracle, Azure, AWS, Google) and understanding of each cloud offering and strategies
- Business to consumer eCommerce experience required
- Strong communication skills with both technical and business professionals
- Teamwork & collaboration skills to work across organizations and lead cross-functional teams
- Expert knowledge of enterprise application integration, including SOA, ESB, EAI, ETL environments and an understanding of integration considerations such as process orchestration, custom data integration, and master data management
- Wide background including architecture, implementation and delivery of large‐scale hardware and software systems in real-world situations.
- Thorough knowledge of business function and in-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives, and strategies
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF, EACOE, etc.)
- Deep understanding of design patterns, principles, and frameworks
- Working knowledge of UI/UIX design principles
- Strong understanding on network architecture, designs, and protocols
- Extensive experience integration with 3rd party products (both business and technical)