About the job
Deloitte makes an impact that matters. Every day we challenge ourselves to do what matters most—for clients, for our people, and for society. We serve clients distinctively, bringing innovative insights, solving complex challenges and unlocking sustainable growth. We inspire our talented professionals to deliver outstanding value to clients, providing an exceptional career experience and an inclusive and collaborative culture. We contribute to society, building confidence and trust in the markets, upholding the integrity of organizations and supporting our communities.
Our shared values guide the way we behave to make a positive, enduring impact:
- Lead the way
- Serve with integrity
- Take care of each other
- Foster inclusion
- Collaborate for measurable impact
Your role as an experienced IT Auditor, will perform a variety of assurance and testing work for a portfolio of diversified clients in different industries focusing on FSI. Given the many opportunities to work with different engagement teams and managers, you learn to collaborate very fast. As you progress, we train and assign you to different aspects of the engagement.
During your tenure as experienced IT Auditor, you will demonstrate and develop your capabilities in the following areas:
- Perform business process understanding along with financial audit teams to identify scope for IT Audit procedures such as test of automated control, data analysis and other audit procedures to address financial audit risks.
- Prepare and communicate IT Audit Plan, budget and timelines to the IT Audit Manager.
- Perform fieldwork and audit procedures such as IT risk assessment, test of automated / application controls, test of general IT Controls, interface controls and test of system-generated reports, risk mitigation procedures and reporting preparation.
- Identify and evaluate IT risks and impacts associated with identified issues.
- Communicate engagement issues and findings to senior management and client personnel.
- Prepare written reports on findings and recommendations from engagement work.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with client personnel.
- Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
- Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
- Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
- Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
- Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
- BS in Computer Science, Business Computer or Management Information Systems
- CISA or other relevant certification is a plus
- 3+ years of related experience within professional services, IT External audit or IT Internal Audit
- Arabic speaking is a plus
- Qatar resident is a plus
- Strong background in auditing techniques and/or computer control environments in Financial services Industry
- Ability to plan and manage fieldwork along with ensuring deliverables meet work plan specifications and deadlines
- Experience in testing general IT controls of applications, operating systems, and databases; testing of system generated reports
- Proficient in understanding business processes, identifying and testing of automated application controls
- Ability to perform risk mitigation procedures, which include identifying and testing mitigating controls, compensating controls etc
- Articulate, well-spoken, team player and passionate about delivering tangible outcomes
- Willing to work hours as needed to meet client deadlines and firm needs
- Strong proficiency in basic PC applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) with a general understanding of data analysis techniques
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to conduct extensive research