About the job
The incumbent is mainly responsible for providing various cash based services to customers over the counter in an efficient, courteous and error-free manner.
- Carry out branch cash and other teller-related transactions in a timely and efficient manner to facilitate achievement of pre-approved branch targets.
- Ensure customer satisfaction all times by providing cash services in the most effective manner.
- Process transactions (cash, checks, remittance requests, credit card and loan payments etc) in compliance with the approved policies/ procedures and the applicable regulatory guidelines.
- Examine checks for endorsements and to verify other information such as dates, bank names, identification of the persons receiving payments and the legality of the documents.
- Identify suitable opportunities to cross-sell products or services offered to customers.
- Authorize transactions within the range delegated to the incumbent.
- Forward all clearing items and remittance requests received from customers to the concerned department/ unit within Group or processing.
- Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers and prepare the requisite report at the end of the day.
- Ensure all unresolved queries with respect to specific transactions and concerns are brought to the attention of the Officer in Charge.
- University graduate with a minimum of 2 years experience related to teller service in a major banking institution.