About the job
Parsons is looking for an amazingly talented Senior HSE Engineer to join our team! In this role you will get to coordinate closely with the Client’s Quality, Health and Safety Department on Safety requirement and reporting to minimize work construction disruption on site.
What you’ll Be Doing
- The Senior HSE Engineer shall demonstrate a strong working / practical & technical knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental regulations and requirements for construction projects and awareness of all hazards likely to exist at construction sites, confined space, working with utilities, deep excavations, working at height, working with electrical power, a good knowledge of Temporary Works, proven updated engineering knowledge through continuous training particularly as to Health, Safety and Environmental issues.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple worksites are essentials.
- Ability to utilize computer technology to analyze data, maintain records, generate reports etc.
- Administers job safety program; audits and inspects job site to detect and correct safety hazards.
- Monitors the safety performance of all construction operations in assigned job site areas.
- Performs incident investigation to establish RCA and CAPA’s, and issues reports on a regularly scheduled (timely) basis.
- Conducts new hire safety orientation, daily safety huddles and weekly toolbox training.
- This particular role covers two existing live Projects in Doha North and Doha South.
- A valid Qatar driving license and the ability to manage and prioritize tasks is essential.
What Required Skills You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering / Health & Safety / Environmental Management from a recognized University to the approval of the Client; Membership of internationally recognized Safety Association e.g., NEBOSH;
- Must have NEBOSH IGC, OSHA 30, ISO 45001 Lead Auditor and IOSH MS.
- Preferably holding a valid certificate in First Aid.
- Comfortable with entry to confined spaces, underground structures and associated works.
- Minimum 10 years demonstrable experience, of which 5 years in similar infrastructure and utilities networks projects as a H&S Lead.
- Must be able to confidently advise and supervise Contractors in a broad range of safety and health hazard prevention and enforcement to the Contractors and project personnel on sites.
What desired Skills You’ll Bring
- Must demonstrate a knowledge of Health & Safety and Environmental regulations, requirements for construction projects and awareness of all hazards likely to existing construction sites. Preferred to hold valid 3rd party confined space & work at height training, proven updated engineering knowledge via continuous training particularly as to Health, Safety and Environmental issues are required.
- Must possess leadership skills to manage and motivate a team of H&S Inspectors.
- Proactive acumen and an ability to manage multiple working areas on site are essential.