About the job
Responsibilities in the associate role will include:
- Demonstrating an expert understanding of the aesthetic, technical, resource and financial components of landscape architecture.
- Guiding the aesthetic and technical development of assigned projects.
- Demonstrating an expert understanding of production techniques, procedures and standards.
- Developing technical scopes of works, resource allocations and financial fees for project opportunities.
- Managing projects through all aspects of the design process.
- Leading, organising and directing teams of more junior staff in the execution of assigned projects.
- Coordinating with other internal disciplines and managing the activities of outside sub-consultants in the execution of assigned projects.
- Preparing technical and financial proposals for designated project opportunities.
- Planning and monitoring appropriate staffing levels and utilisation of labour.
- Preparing and delivering performance appraisals for staff.
- Mentoring and coaching team members to further develop competencies.
- Performs other related tasks as directed.
To be successful in this dynamic opportunity we envision that your career journey to date will include 10+ years of relevant work experience partnered with a Bachelor of Landscape Architecture from an accredited University or College program with a professional registration, licensure or chartership with an internationally recognized professional association.
- An expert understanding of the regional construction industry, local construction methods and their influence on design decisions.
- Strong design management experience on landscape projects.
- An expert understanding of industry codes, standards, health & safety requirements, sustainability regulations, local construction methods and their influence on design decisions
- A strong understanding of key design related computer programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- The ability to comprehend, analyse, and interpret complex documents.
- The ability to solve problems involving several options in situations.
- Strong organizational, analytical and quantitative skills.
- The ability to make effective presentations on general topics.
- The ability to partner with clients to exceed their expectations and build client relations.