About the job
Who We Look For:
We look for employees who share the Golden Rule; people who, by nature, believe in treating others as we would have them treat us. We look for individuals who share a passion for excellence and who infuse that enthusiasm into everything they do.
The Bar Porter is an essential member of the Food & Beverage team dedicated to providing exceptional quality and service to our guests. The Bar Porter position provides support to the Bartenders ensuring they have the resources required to provide guests with quick and efficient beverage service according to Four Seasons standards. The Bar Porter stocks bar with ice glasses, garnish, soda and beer and ensures liquor requisitions are filled to specifications. The Bar Porter ensures the cleanliness of the bar and assists with bussing tables when required.
We are looking for individuals with excellent personal presentation and interpersonal skills. Strong beverage knowledge regarding beer, wines and liquors is ideal. The Bar Porter requires continuous standing for up to 8 hours a day and the ability to lift up to 50lbs. The ideal candidate with have a confident outgoing personality and a can-do approach to any request. Applicants must have a flexible schedule with the ability to work all shifts, weekends and holidays.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills
- This position requires an applicant with general food knowledge. Candidates must have good personal presentation and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to perform this position to Four Seasons Standards is required. In addition to discreetly clearing tables, the Server Assistant performs side work, polishes silverware, refills condiment containers and crumbs tables.
- The ideal candidate will have an outgoing personality and a can-do approach to any task!
- Requires reading, writing and oral proficiency in the English language.
- Degree & Diploma in the Hotel Management