About the job
Lead and manage QAS Cargo’s Ramp Services department within agreed standards and financial targets through the objective of creating operational efficiency and productivity in compliance with corporate and regulatory standards. Implement best practices to sustain business growth and drive operational excellence. Provide leadership and management for the provision of all Freighter Handling and Cargo Airside Operations including Unit Load Device (ULD) Management, Import/Export ULD steering and storage, Quick Ramp Transfer, and manpower for respective sections, in line with customer airline standard ground handling agreements and service level agreements.
Strategic Accountabilities Include
- Assist QAS Cargo Management in identification and development of strategic ramp operational plans to improve performance and position QAS Cargo as an innovative and best practice Cargo ground handling organization.
- Develop QAS Cargo’s Ramp Services objectives and priorities to align with and ensure business continuity.
- Plan and implement current and future operational manpower and equipment resources based on analysis of import & export volumes and trends ensuring safety and security of ramp service remains highest priority.
- Deliver key initiatives and create synergies with various stakeholders to optimize performance with particular focus on policy and process improvements.
- Collaborate with relevant internal and external stakeholders to identify shortfalls and initiate improvements to implement change management principals and develop processes.
- Assist QAS Cargo Management team in making decisions based on facts and analysis in order to bring industry leading efficiencies in all aspects of ramp services and all its supporting functions.
- Identify operational risk and formulate robust plans to avoid operational disruption in the future
Operational Accountabilities Include
- Implement the ramp services operational plans, objectives and priorities to align with QAS Cargo business KPls and SLA’s to ensure operational excellence and compliance.
- Apply operational best practices and management techniques to ensure optimum performance and forecasting capabilities.
- Ensure process deliverables are measured, evaluated and deployed with the ability to use a methodical approach, aligning business process objectives and financial control.
- Ensure compliance with Qatar Airways Group standards and service levels through the effective utilization of primary tools to meet KPI and SLA’s.
- Challenge the status quo and drive continuous operational ramp improvements with a focus on optimizing cargo processing flows to meet various demands.
- Assist line manager in preparation of annual manpower and equipment budget in a cost-effective manner, according to the future operational requirements.
- Coach and mentor team members to adapt latest process and change management development initiatives to ensure succession planning is in place for business continuity.
- Implement and review risk assessment processes on QAS Cargo ramp procedures and working practices to identify area for quality improvement, ensuring that the work practices and processes are adhered to. Plan required resources and deploy accordingly in order to optimize efficiencies and productivity of the Cargo Ramp Services department.
- Maintain operational procedures and standards related to Safety, Security, Quality and Environmental issues according to QR Group Safety and Security policies.
- Perform other department duties related to his/her position as directed by the Head of the Department.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and skills:
- Highschool/Vocational Qualification or Diploma with minimum 9 years of Job-related experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with minimum 8 years of Job-related experience.
- 5+ years of managing large ramp services department including freighters.
- Knowledge of Safety and Security practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of cargo management systems.
- Expertise in IATA cargo handling procedures and regulations.
- Professionally equipped with the emergency response procedure, constant review of action plans, strategies and policies for effective control over manpower resources and equipment utilization.
- Advance level courses from recognized establishments in the field of aviation, cargo and freight operations, warehousing and cargo handling.