About the job
- Maintain/Plan ESDV, SDV & HIPPS tests which require field outages
- Provide assistance to all special operations (intelligent pigging, Tie-in, Safety or Process Isolation) to ensure activities are carried out safely and minimize shortfalls and activity costs.
- Review top ten alarms, analysing and translating them into opportunities or threats to improve production potential and equipment reliability.
- Conduct Inhibition audits to guarantee the safe operating status of the facilities.
- Participate in DGS/JSA processes to provide an independent operational perspective to offshore management.
- Focal Point for the NOC Operation Center regarding all production activities and ensure production is optimized based on available well stock and equipment constraints.
- Centralize communication within production teams ensuring follow up of all action requested by sites
- Participate in shortfall prevention/analyses, shutdown preparation and monitoring plant KPI.
- Interfacing with Offshore Operations (via VC/telecoms according to Operating Rhythm) on Planning, PTW and Isolation review ensuring work is planned to minimize production shortfall and maximize efficiency
- Monitor, review and analyzing plant & equipment performance utilizing data handling software to maximize production potential
- Monitor and troubleshoot daily operations, including updates of UNIO action tracker based on latest support requests from site.
- Monitor gas grid to maximize export compression throughput and optimize voidage
- Carry out daily production & injection shortfalls first level analysis
Context & Environment
Working on a rotational basis, 4 weeks on/4 weeks off, the Tier 1 Senior Production Engineer is the key interface between offshore Production teams and onshore Wells and Maintenance support teams. Can deputize offshore Production Team as required.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Education: Master’s (preferred) or Degree qualified
- Industry: Exposure to production or process engineering, preferably offshore
- Operations: 10 years Operational Experience in Production environment with a minimum 2 years Offshore working experience
- Well-developed analysis and reporting skills
- Valid Offshore Survival & Medical – for adhoc visits
- Competencies and Behaviors:
- Understanding of Industry Process Safety guidelines and procedures
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both unaided and/or part of a team
- Flexible approach and proactive in looking for alternatives and solutions.
- Strong communication skills to ensure information is passed within teams onshore & offshore
- The ability to work in a complex multicultural environment
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong IT background.