About the job
Allocating budget resources, formulating policies, coordinating business operations, monitoring and motivating staff, managing operational costs, ensuring good customer service, improving administration processes, engaging with vendors, hiring and training employees.
- Oversee daily operations of the business unit or organization.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the business.
- Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports.
- Provide direct management of key functional managers and executives in the business unit.
- Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Ensure the overall delivery and quality of the unit’s offerings to customers.
- Engage in key or targeted customer activities.
- Oversee key hiring and talent development programs.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent.
- Communicate strategy and results to the unit’s employees.
- Report key results to corporate officers.
- Engage with corporate officers in broader organizational strategic planning.
- Plan, coordinate and manage all business operations to achieve corporate goals.
- Develop and implement business plan for profitability.
- Assist in budget preparation and expense management activities.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of marketing program and recommend improvements.
- Develop strategies to improve overall quality and productivity.
- Generate business, cost and employee reports to management.
- Schedule regular team meetings to discuss about business updates, issues and recommendations.
- Respond to employee concerns in timelines in their assigned job duties.
- Determine staffing requirements and ensure that office positions are filled promptly.
- Assist in employee recruitment, training, performance evaluation, promotion and termination activities.
- Manage orientations and exit interviews for employees.
- Ensure that employees follow company policies and procedures.
- Manage administrative, logistical, human resources, and accounting services to support company operations.
- Create mechanism to address customer inquiries promptly and professionally and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Identify business opportunities with new and existing customers.
Minimum 5 years of experience as a General Manager with Landscaping Contractor.