About the job
- In charge of Inlet Facilities SOW for ensuring EPC Contractor delivery of all aspects related to preparation, coordination, planning and execution of the Pre-Commissioning and Commissioning activities in accordance with the Project Schedule.
- In addition to PCC coordination, handle Instrumentations SOW till an Instrumentations Superintendent is mobilized during Execution phase.
- Head of Commissioning Inlet Facilities should meet key objectives of pre-commissioning and commissioning activities with full focus on Safety, Planning and Quality.
- To ensure that Contractor’s completion software and associated database are ready before PCC execution phases.
- To ensure that Commissioning priorities are integrated in the overall Project schedule.
- Provides leadership to his team and coordination with the Project Management Team members.
- Provide regular reporting to Commissioning Manager, to anticipate on technical, commercial and contractual issues.
- Provide day-to-day coordination with its EPC Contractor counterpart, site activities of multi-disciplines team.
- Reports to Commissioning Manager- NFS Onshore.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for overseeing the overall pre-commissioning & commissioning activities and works for the EPC 1 Contract [LNG Plant], to ensure EPC-1 Contractor delivery of all aspects related to preparation, coordination, planning and execution of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities in accordance with the Project Work Time Schedule.
- Provide review and approval of the deliverables prepared by the EPC-1 Contractor, focusing on critical – class 1 deliverables.
- Participate to engineering (Plot Plans, HAZOP, SIL assessment, 3D Model) and Constructability Reviews that are essential for a proper planning and execution of the pre-commissioning and commissioning activities and works.
- Participate to factory acceptance tests of critical packages and equipment.
- Provide concise but comprehensive weekly and monthly reporting to the Project Controls Division Manager, including actions and mitigations as applicable.
- Provide leadership to his team to drive decisions for multi-discipline issues. Drive alignment and decision making between the various stakeholders.
- Anticipate technical issues, changes in the work, delays and potential claims from the EPC-1 Contractor to the EPC-1 Project Manager and EPC-1 Project Division Manager.
- Understand interdisciplinary dependencies to be able to make judgements on overall commissioning decisions having multi-disciplines impacts. Applies risk management techniques to facilitate decision making.
- Identify SIMOPS with the EPC-1 Contractor, early enough during the Project Execution Phase to provide proper planning and safe execution at site.
- To validate RFC, RFSU certificates, Gas-In certificates and associated dossiers before signature by Commissioning Manager.
Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering related discipline or equivalent.
Knowledge And/or Experience
- At least 10 years’ of proven experience in Instrumentations, Commissioning and Maintenance positions within Oil & Gas and LNG Plants.
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-discipline teams, EPC Contractors and working closely with operations and end-users.
- Familiar and conversant with systemization, system completion database, PCC procedures, including SIMOPS.
- Proven experience with Vendors operating in the LNG industry such as main refrigeration compressors, liquefaction equipment, power generation, utilities, cryogenic pumps, control systems, etc.
- Proven experience with commissioning of Process Licensed Units.
- Experience with PCC of large Plants including: steam, boiler feedwater, large cooling water systems, cooling towers, desalination plant, power, air, N2 generation/distribution systems…
Technical And Business Skills
- Technical background as an Electrical Networks engineer and field pre-commissioning and commissioning execution experience.
- Good teamwork and facilitation skills.
- Good analytical, organisational and problem solving skills.
- Risk management experience.
- Capability to take work load and manage priorities..