About the job
University of Doha for Science and Technology (UDST) is the first national applied University in the State of Qatar, offering applied Bachelors and Master’s degrees in addition to certificates and diplomas in various fields. UDST has over 50 programs in the fields of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades, Business Management, Computing and Information Technology, Health Sciences, Continuing and Professional Education and more.
With more than 600 staff and over 6,000 students, UDST is the destination for top-notch applied and experiential learning. The University is recognized for its student-centered learning and state-of-the-art facilities. Our faculty are committed to delivering pedagogically-sound learning experiences with incorporation of innovative technological interventions, to further enhance students’ skills and help develop talented graduates that can effectively contribute to a knowledge-based economy and make Qatar’s National Vision 2030 a reality.
- This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will lead, manage, direct and monitor the activities of the Faculty Affairs with the aim to improve quality and efficiency of the academic workforce at the University. To ensure that the Faculty Affairs programs are designed, developed and implemented in alignment with UDST’s strategic direction. Key strategic responsibilities will be to provide support in the formulation of UDST’s strategy and to lead the development and implementation of the Faculty Affairs business plan.
- Candidates should have an outstanding record of industry experience in Academic and Faculty Affairs and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Faculty Affairs Academic Manager.
- The successful candidate will manage all Faculty Affairs activities which will cover profiling of faculty candidates, performance management, faculty policy, developing and implementing Faculty policies related to promotions process, performance appraisal criteria, and other matters of an academic nature, in alignment with applicable laws and regulations.
- The successful candidate will ensure effective communication on matters related to the Academic Staff, provide advice and guidance on disciplinary issues, and support line management during formal disciplinary action processes. This includes overseeing the adherence and compliance to the faculty policy and resolution of academic employee grievances and disciplinary actions, while ensuring adequate support is provided to UDST academic employees.
- Another key role is supporting the recruitment efforts of faculty by conducting interviews, handling and coordinating recruitment activities related to faculty employees, in coordination with School Deans and AVP Academic. Providing support to the Deans and Vice President Academics in performance evaluation process of faculty as well as supporting the promotion committee with assessing academic staff promotion cases based on the performance appraisals, and oversee the promotion process of the faculties and collaborate with Human Resources to solve issues relating to people, performance management, and faculty relations.
- The successful candidate will contribute in the policy development initiatives for Faculty Affairs and lead its implementation, develop and monitor the implementation of Faculty Affairs’ procedures, processes, guidelines, monitor performance of the Faculty Affairs KPIs on a regular basis and develop and monitor the annual budget of Faculty Affairs’ in conjunction with the Vice President, Academic.
- The successful candidate will provide professional development support and perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates based on UDST’s Employee Performance Management framework to ensure continual high performance of employees in alignment with the UDST’s mission and mandate.
- The successful candidate will contribute to the recruitment of talent within the Faculty Affairs in conjunction with Human Resources.
Education and Certifications:
- PhD in a relevant discipline from a recognized, accredited institution preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience.
- 5 Years Managerial experience
- Fluency in written and spoken English language is required
- Bilingual in English and Arabic language is preferred