About the job
University of Doha for Science and Technology (UDST) is the first national applied University in the State of Qatar, offering applied Bachelors and Master’s degrees in addition to certificates and diplomas in various fields. UDST has over 50 programs in the fields of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades, Business Management, Computing and Information Technology, Health Sciences, Continuing and Professional Education and more.
With more than 600 staff and over 6,000 students, UDST is the destination for top-notch applied and experiential learning. The University is recognized for its student-centered learning and state-of-the-art facilities. Our faculty are committed to delivering pedagogically-sound learning experiences with incorporation of innovative technological interventions, to further enhance students’ skills and help develop talented graduates that can effectively contribute to a knowledge-based economy and make Qatar’s National Vision 2030 a reality.
Duties & Responsibilities:
This position requires an energetic and enthusiastic individual who will provide leadership and management in support of the Office of the VP Academic as related to teaching and experiential learning, continuing and professional education, faculty affairs, program development and accreditation, advanced learning technologies, and other related activities within the academic areas of UDST.
- Candidates should have an outstanding record of industry experience in academia and possess the qualifications necessary to be successful in the role of Associate Vice President, Academic. The successful candidate is responsible to contribute to the formulation and implementation of UDST’s strategy, and to lead the development of the academic policies and UDST’s Teaching and Learning Framework. Candidates will implement academic and accreditation standards and provide leadership for the incorporation of applied research within UDST’s curriculum. Responsibilities also include collaborating with the Executives and Senior Management to develop new credit and non-credit programs and manage the process of new program concepts and feasibility studies, including market analysis of program development proposals. Candidates will also coordinate with Academic Operations to ensure that UDST satisfies program accreditation criteria.
- Associate Vice President, Academic will collaborate with various committees to review academic policies, program revisions, and other matters relating to academic affairs and promote innovation in curriculum development, technology adoption and student learning outcomes assessment.
- Responsibilities also include to provide support in curriculum development and review, new program development and to manage the program development, vetting and approval process.
- Candidates will provide professional development support and perform periodic performance reviews for direct subordinates to contribute to the development of employees and oversee the establishment of Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). Candidates will also collaborate with Human Resources to contribute to the development of workforce plans for the Academic Division and must have excellent organizational, leadership, decision-making, delegation and communications skills as well as the ability to act as a mentor to team members.
Education and Certifications:
- Doctorate degree in a relevant discipline from a recognized, accredited institution.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a senior leadership role within a relevant discipline.
- Fluency in written and spoken English language is required
- Bilingual in English and Arabic language is preferred