About the job
- Perform Electrical and Control Construction Hook-up offshore activities for EPCOL Project, ensuring technical requirements (e.g., project specifications, data sheets, etc.) fully comply with project deliverables and standardised processes and to provide Functional Safety design support with full integration into existing facilities.
Key Job Accountabilities
- Ensure that the Contractor’s Electrical, Instrument, Control, Facilities (Offshore scope) Construction designs comply with the Contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Plan and schedule the E&I Construction deliverables to enable efficient project execution, ensuring technical alignment and compliance with Qatargas operational policies, standards of business conduct and project management system.
- Supervises and ensures that the Contractor’s Functional Safety Topsides/Risers/Bridges, Offshore scope construction designs comply with the contract requirements including codes and standards. Provide guidance to the contractor to promote compliance.
- Participate to key design workshop and ensure that Instrument, Control, Functional Safety design recommendation are correctly implemented (Lessons Learned, Risk Screening/Formal Risk Assessment, HAZOP, SIL, LOPA, engineering criticality assessment, etc.).
- Supervise the Integrated Control and Safety Systems (ICSS) purchase order with the EPC Contractor and System Vendor in accordance with the roles and responsibilities given in the contract to ensure safe and seamless integration of the systems without any disturbance to the existing operating facilities.
- Supports Head of Jackets /Topsides /Bridges in monitoring the contractor’s progress on delivery of the required documents in the Electrical and Instrument Control of Topsides/Riser Platforms and Onshore (Offshore).
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts with respect the disciplines involved in delivery of the Electrical, Instrument Control related to Topsides/Riser Platforms Engineering, and ensures endorsement of Process Technical deviations to Company specifications when required.
- Ensure compliance with management of change procedures for changes in the contractors design or deviations from the company directives.
- Bachelor Degree in Instrument Engineering or equivalent.
- Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years’ experience working in Electrical, Instrument and Controls, preferably in a major project environment within the oil and gas industry and having a broad knowledge of engineering execution including design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities design, construction and operations.