About the job
The Production Engineer will lead the production discipline engineering support for fabrication and understands the full scope of work, contract type and milestone schedules. They will direct the (discipline) production team of drafting, material control and co-ordinate requirements for construction engineering and technical support. and review constructability plans material issues and ensures drafting and NC deliverables are in place before fabrication commences. The Production Engineer will also solve problems and initiate site queries to ensure fabrication productivity. This role will coordinates material issue, reports fabrication progress and issues notices for critical actions and review scope changes, additional works or reworks and initiates revision orders / change orders. They will follows company safety plans and procedures.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Reviews project scope of work, schedules, and specifications. Understands the requirements and deliverables.
- Prepares Scope of Work and Task Listing.
- At project commencement, reviews the fabrication schedule and suggests corrections to the planning team.
- Reviews drawings for constructability and identifies any special items / subcontract requirements.
- Reviews monthly material reports. Ensures and raises problems on material delivery.
- Reviews the material requisitions prior to order. Checks grade, plate sizing assumptions.
- Appraises fabrication management of any project issues which effect the forecasted progress, productivity
- Initiates site queries to utilize available material (substitutions).
- Provides field guidance and ensures compliance with Company specification.
- Attends production meetings and reports concerns.
- Monitors scope changes and issues revision orders.
- Reports weekly fabrication progress and monitors production man-hours and productivity.
- Reviews 4 week look ahead plans and identifies the constraints ( material/ drawings )
- Coordinates with construction engineer to ensure procedures are issued timely/ all parties understand any change.
- Coordinates any sub-contract scope.
- Reviews as-built drawings.
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- Education: B.Sc. Degree
- Specialized knowledge
- Skills and abilities: 3+ years’ experience in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant
- Other characteristics such as personal characteristics
- Professional Certification
- Experience- 3 – 5 years’
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Advanced education (i.e. MBA or other Masters level education)
- Language capabilities (i.e. Fluent in Spanish and/or Portuguese)