About the job
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Principal Technical Safety Engineer to join our team in Qatar.
- Reports to Lead Technical Safety Engineer
- Provides Coaching and mentoring for direct reorts.
- Actively Supports recruitmen, selection, transfers and promotion of resources to meet succession and business plans
- Support the development and retention of motivated and competent people
- Ensures competence of deputies
- Manages performance of direct reports
- Countinuous promotion of and adherence to the discipline specific procedures and providing feedback of continuous improvement
- Support the development and delivery of the technical safety standard expectationws and technical assurance
- Participate in incident investigations as required
- Represent Operations EMEA discipline in the contract
- Set performance expectations for direct reports
- Actively maintaining own competence and continuous development
- Technically competent in own dicipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development
- Provide discipline support to the business
- Ensuring learning opportunities are captured and realised.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory framework and legislation
- Proficient in scope definition
- identification of candidates of GTEN
- Deputising for Lead as required
- Supporting and supervising tasks delegated to direct reports/respective team
- Management of key stakeholders in the execution and delivery of contracted activities
- Manage and direct resources efficiently and effectively
- Interact with Multi-Dicipline Engineering Teams
- Perform the role of Technical Authority when appointed to do so
Skills / Qualifications
- BSc., University in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Technical skills
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related Technical HSE Design and Engineering out of which minimum 5 years’ experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas Project Delivery as an Umbrella Contract Lead Technical HSE engineer function in a multidiscipline Workforce.
- Performs as a professional Technical HSE engineer for projects and plant modifications from Front End Development through execution / commissioning and start-up
- Fully conversant with quantitative risk and consequences simulation software such as PHAST risk, FRED (Must)
- Experience of working on Shell projects will be a distinct added advantage
- Good communication skills and report writing skills, experience of writing technical reports is essential
- Experience in the Middle East, knowledge of GTL , Gas Processing and Utilities are an advantage, as is front-end and commissioning experience and execution.Proven leadership skills and strong personal drive, to meet deadlines and specific targets.Experienced HAZID / HAZOP Secretary (Must)
- Fully conversant with Hazard and effects management process / bowtie development (Must)
- Team player with clear evidence of working with others to deliver on goals.Strong, and demonstrated, personal commitment to HSSE Leadership and experience in managing HSSE throughout all project phases
- Being able to discuss technical issues with process engineers
- Experience in providing support to engineering disciplines
- Experience with project management
Leadership and Behavioural skills:
- HSE Culture mindset
- Proven leadership skills and strong personal drive, to meet deadlines and specific targets.
- Team player with clear evidence of working with others to deliver on goals.
- Strong, and demonstrated, personal commitment to HSSE Leadership and experience in managing HSSE throughout all project phases
- Ability to work and manage in a multi-cultural environment