About the job
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an opportunity for a Piping Engineer to join our team in Qatar on a long term-based contract. This is a key role within the Wood Doha office delivering across study, FEED, EPC and PMC scopes of work. In this role, you will be responsible for the execution of project work in accordance with the project execution plan, including Wood and/or Project Procedures on Safety and Quality Control within the man-hour, cost and the project schedule targets.Reflecting the market focus for the office in both brownfield and greenfield opportunities, multi-skilled personnel are sought, in particular those with experience in:
- Onshore Oil and Gas
- Offshore Oil and Gas
- To work independently but accountable to the Lead Piping Engineer for delivery of project design engineering activities.
- Working Knowledge on piping deliverables such as PMS, Materials datasheets, Piping Layouts, Plot Plans, GADs, Isometrics
- Ensure Pipe Stress scope and deliverables are completed on time and on budget, whilst meeting the required level of technical safety and quality.
- Provide technical expertise with respect to pipe stress engineering, the application of international standards, and compliance to Client specifications.
- Perform pipe stress analyses and provide input to the piping layout and design of supports.
- Ensure piping compliance with project specifications, as well as applicable code requirements and national / international standards.
- Coordinating with all disciplines (as necessary) in the preparation and development of project deliverables and ensuring that other disciplines’ input is incorporated.
- Review relevant client provided data.
- Checking project piping isometrics to ensure stress comments are incorporated.
- Report on work status / problem areas / needs on a weekly basis.
- Liaison with and reporting to the Lead Piping Engineer.
Skills / Qualifications Q ualifications
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in appropriate engineering subject.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in similar role.
- Strong working knowledge of the Caesar II stress analysis software.
- Conversant with appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation.
- Able to work with other disciplines to meet delivery dates and design targets.