About the job
Working with little supervision from the Principal Investigator (PI), the primary purpose of this role is to assist with the study design, collection and statistical analysis of data, and interpretation & dissemination of results on various epidemiologic studies and analyses.
- Conducts systematic literature reviews and meta-analyses.
- Performs a variety of other statistical analyses. Manipulates, computes, and analyzes data using statistical computer software and develops new analytical methods and testing procedures.
- Prepares and maintains detailed records, logs, and summary reports of all data and statistical analysis charting.
- Assists with epidemiologic study design, study instruments, and protocols.
- Performs sample size calculations and power analyses.
- Prepares drafts of research plans for grant applications.
- Contributes to publishing of research findings in scientific journals and supports presentations at major medical/scientific meetings.
- Assists and contributes to research planning, policies, and procedures development activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as needed in relation to the conduct of epidemiological research.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 – 5 years of experience, or MSc/MPH in Epidemiology and/or Biostatistics with experience in conducting epidemiological and biostatistical research.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated experience in using statistical packages and relevant software such as SPSS, Stata, SAS, S-PLUS, or R.
- Ability to communicate proficiently with respect to scientific reports and professional presentations.
- Established record of scientific research and scientific publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Working knowledge of the epidemiology of communicable and non-communicable diseases.
- Strong problem-solving and reasoning skills.
- Fluent in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work proactively and independently, as well as a team member.
Research Assistant – ValuStrat
- @ Jobs in Qatar
- Doha, Qatar