About the job
This position reports directly to the delivery, Head
- To coach a high performing squad team according to the Scrum principles to deliver one digital use case per semester.
- To mentor and coach scrum team to understand and apply agile values, principles, and practices in the context of use cases delivery.
- To work across organizational boundaries and with external consultant and technological partners to cultivate an agile community; to drive effective practice embedding.
- To involve people in change and influence through others without formal authority to ensure that IS and the business entities understand agility and how maximum value can be derived from it.
- To maximize efficiency, drive out waste and pinpoint activities that add value
- Be able to grasp the principles of Scrum and Agility and apply it within the NOC context given the customised approach followed by the Digital department.
- Uphold and be a role model for NOC core values, Incident Free and leadership behaviors.
- Facilitate the agile methodology such as the daily stand-ups, refinement, release planning, sprint planning, capacity planning, estimation techniques, sprint reviews, retrospective.
- Be responsible for the backlog with the Product Owner and have an overall view of the backlog tool.
- Present different metrics to various stakeholders (status reports, burn down charts, etc.).
- Support and partner with Product Owner to prioritize backlog.
- Able to facilitate strong Retrospective meetings to review and improve performance in every sprint
- Accountable for meeting the Definition of Done standards defined for each development period Escalate obstacles to the Delivery, Head as deemed necessary.
- Ensure ad-hoc coordination between business, IS and /if applicable technological partner(s).
- Enable development team to work efficiently.
- Apply agile mindset and practice so that the team can deliver value early and frequently.
- Coach and hands-on build a high performing team (writing backlogs, facilitating planning, orchestrating demos, tracking velocity), acts as its motivator-leader and proactively recognize and help remove any obstacles.
- Help the Product owner in creating a product wall that describes the product and can help in engagements with Business SMEs
- Continuously improve ways of working through ‘inspect and adapt’ and instil a growth mindset. Help others understand how the team works and how they shall interact with it.
- Facilitate various Scrum (or other) meetings and reviews, ensuring equal contribution from each team member. o Help maintain motivation, team spirit and camaraderie.
- Qualification: Bachelor of Science degree preferred. Specialization in engineering, data science or information systems management is a plus. Optionally, certified Professional Scrum Master (PSM)
- Minimum 5 years technical or project management experience with a preference of experience working with agile teams.
- Experience in IS software development, in applying a wide variety of well-documented patterns and techniques to enhance the agile scrum approach is a bonus Strong interpersonal communication, team spirit behaviour, and proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Experience in upstream O&G preferred.
- Fluent in English as a business language
Senior Environmental Analyst
- @ Qatargas
- Doha, Qatar