About the job
- Carry out duties as assigned, also refer to cleaning schedules and perform the necessary duties.
- Collect the appropriate cleaning materials and equipment from the Supervisor.
- Check equipment daily to ensure they are in good working condition and promptly report any defects/malfunctions to the Supervisor or a senior person.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions
- Cleans stoves, ovens, grills, refrigerators, and using cleaning solutions, brushes and wash cloths.
- Washes utensils, such as pots, pans, and trays by hand using cleaning detergents. Washes dishware, glasses, and cutlery by hand or machine. Occasionally polishes utensils. Drains dries and stacks items after washing.
- Transports food supplies, such as meats, vegetables, fruits, and canned foods from storeroom or freezer, using trolley/basket to kitchen. Returns surplus food to storeroom or freezer.
- May assist with food preparation, such as blending soups, washing and peeling vegetables and shellfish.
- Assist in the set up and break down of service areas for all special functions Health, Safety and Security
- Maintain the required standard of operational hygiene according to cleaning rotas at all times.
- Be aware of the Restaurant policies and procedures relating to health, hygiene, and fire life safety and ensure your direct reports do the same.