About the job
Primary Roles And Responsibilities
- Schedule implementation and analysis of earned value measurement method appropriate for project and disciplines/work-packs (engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction and commissioning).
- Maintain alignment between Planning and Costing via the Project Breakdown Code defined in Worley WPMP and EMS procedures.
- Construct linked planning network and be able to run forward / backward passes, knows what effects constraints have on schedule calculations, analyse / demonstrate the critical path method.
- Attend project / client meetings and be able to present, support and explain matters related to the project schedule.
- Liaise with Project Engineers to ensure proper understanding of the key schedule sensitivities and drivers and ensure application of resource loading and levelling into the project schedules.
- Review, verify, assess contractors reported progress and ensure that this is reflected in the project schedule.
- Assess and incorporate the impact of approved changes and any deviations from the key project targets and milestones, including productivity monitoring and identification of alternate approaches to optimise the plan(s).
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of project schedules and resource forecasts for all projects through liaison with project team and relevant Discipline Engineers, Project Engineers/Leaders and Construction Leaders.
- Ensure that critical path diagrams and electronic analysis of all project plans are maintained, including communication of data to relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are achieved.
- Develop and maintain high level project plans, ensuring that necessary adjustments are made based on flow of information from key stakeholders to ensure delivery of the Project Manager Schedule/ Construction Management Plan, including the identification of emerging issues and the recommended corrective action plans.
- Responsible for the production and communication of project progress reports including deliverables (ie: overall project schedules, S-curves, Actual vs Plan, short term look ahead, project actions and critical issues identification).
- Responsible for the management of data transfer between Cost Control and Planning systems to ensure costs and schedules are captured accurately within all reporting databases.
- Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of project planning and scheduling systems and reporting methodology consistent with Company and Customer project management platforms.
- Assist with the Management of Change (MOC) procedures as they pertain to the recording and adjustment of project plans.
- Ensure that reports and project submissions are generated and appropriately distributed to meet Customer requirements, including the integration of Worley and Customer databases and information management systems.
- Research and identify technical developments and changes within planning/scheduling tools and practices that will assist with managing project deliverables.
- To develop realistic solutions to planning projects as identified by Worley and communicate ongoing status and deviation analysis of the work.
- Deliver and maintain consistent and realistic plans and control structures for the project. Understand the list of plans required to execute the assigned project sub-elements and their interface.
- Develop, maintain Project Execution schedule and ensure alignment on project assumptions with cost engineering, cost estimation, risk management and project management.
- Develop contract key and milestones dates which is align with the overall project schedule and ensure the availability and levelling of resources through the project/portfolio.
- Develop and maintain project resource profiles, including the monitoring of cost currency and time resource profiles in InControl systems.
- Effective coordination and cooperation between project team members, particularly in regard to cost, planning and document control.
- Prepare complex engineering and construction schedules for major project proposals and projects in process.
- Maintaining schedules on a current basis as well as ensuring proper timing, compatibility and competency of supporting schedules;
- Initiating or preparing reports to management regarding project scheduling;
- Working closely with project management to improve performance in project planning and execution;
- Assigning and reviewing work of subordinate scheduling staff
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Quality Assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe working practices. Understand and follow OH&S procedures
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
QualificationsIndustry Specific Experience:
- Minimum 12 years’ experience in Project Planning roles Oil & Gas Industry.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Brown Field Project Planning, with experience in Brown Field O&G related Project Delivery.
- Experience in engineering, procurement, fabrication, construction, systems completion, maintenance and shut-down planning processes, planning tools and project management and control techniques
- Ability to interpret project controls documentation and prepare planning documents in accordance with Worley and industry standard practices
- Experience in assisting and guiding Planners.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Certification by PMI (PMP) and/or AACE or similar accredited project management institute is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of computer-based cost and planning tools, adept in the use of Excel, Access, Microsoft Office, MS Project or equivalent packages.
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- personal well-being;
- healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
Principal Instrumentation Engineer
- @ Worley
- Doha, Qatar
Principal Structural Designer
- @ Worley
- Doha, Qatar
Senior Structural Designer
- @ Worley
- Doha, Qatar
Lead of SHES
- @ Brunel
- Doha, Qatar