About the job
- To lead applications and developments from requirement gathering, functional design, document preparation, technical design document preparation, solution development, testing, migration to the Quality system, UAT script followed by migration to the Production interface leading to the completion of the developed solution with the closure confirmation from the internal customer;
- Lead the interaction, understanding and communication with the varied internal Business users both Plant Management and non-Plant Management & the external service providers;
- Maintains an external awareness of developments in applications both technically & business perspectives with respect to areas under direct control and the wider picture, in order to identify relevant projects and tasks;
- Ability to understand company’s core businesses as and when required;
- Lead all meetings and presentations with application providers and company business teams;
- Prepare, monitor and re-align, where necessary, I.T. Department strategic & operational objectives & targets.
- Monitor and analyze applications and developments training needs and liaise with the Training department to provide appropriate training provision so that employees have the required applications and developments expert knowledge and ability to deliver and support business objectives;
- Participate & assist in I.T. functions/projects related to Ooredoo, networking and contingency/disaster planning.
- Ensure the effective achievement of applications and developments objectives through the “hands on” leadership of their design, implementation and delivery;
- Lead all meetings and presentations with applications and developments service providers and company business teams;
- Prepare, monitor and re-align, where necessary, I.T. Department strategic & operational objectives & targets;
- Prepare, monitor and re-align, where necessary, I.T, Department strategy;
- Lead, participate and interaction with any and all Auditors during various internal and external audits.
- University degree in Computer Science/I.T.
- 12 – 15 years broad IT experience;
- 7 – 10 years’ experience in applications and developments in manufacturing and implementation of modules of applications & developments;
- Experience of managing major IT installation or expansion projects.
- English Language;
- Knowledge of latest applications and developments solutions and trends;
- Knowledge of Policy & Procedure;
- Health and Safety Systems;
- Quality Management Systems;
- Project Management;
- Time Management;
- Performance Management;
- Written communication;
- Business Skills & Understanding;
- Financial Awareness;
- Data Gathering & Analysis;
- IT Business Analysis;
- Strategies & strategic objectives both at corporate & departmental levels.
Specialist, Change and Communication
- @ Ooredoo
- Doha, Qatar