About the job
The incumbent will be charged with the overall responsibility of conducting the examination and the analysis of internal controls and Bank operations. The job holder will develop sufficient audit scope, perform test procedures, and prepare audit reports English and Arabic in conformance with Doha Bank standards. The Auditor will test current Bank controls and report findings, as per the department standards, to the respective Department Head and Section Head.
The job holder will work closely with the Department Head and/or Section Head in overseeing / and performing complex level professional internal audit work and ensuring adequate audit coverage for information systems and applications implemented at Doha Bank. The incumbent will also be responsible for handling special projects such as investigations or tasks, as advised by the Department Head.
*Operational Roles and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Department Head and IS&T Audit Team in identifying and evaluating the Bank’s risk areas and suggesting workable recommendations.
- Perform Audits and reviews, covering General Computer Controls, General Application Controls, and Specific Applications Controls.
- Follow the Annual Audit Plan and contribute to it as and when required.
- Abide by the Audit Policy, Standards, and Procedures.
- Contribute to the preparation of the annual Risk-based Audit program in accordance with the functions and policies of the Bank, and execution of the Annual Audit Plan.
- Comply with the Bank’s policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for tracking and perform Audit follow-up reviews timely with the status of audit recommendations.
- Test effectiveness of accounting and risk management controls of the Bank.
- Examine as follow up with such procedures and controls and Audit the Bank’s accounts and records.
- Obtain background information on the areas to be audited.
- As per the audit plan, test the control compliance with the laws and regulations applicable to the Bank and report to the Department Head, who will, in turn, escalate issues to the Chief Internal Auditor and the Audit, Compliance and Risk Committee as and when required.
Functions & Responsibilities (Major Duties):
Timely ensure the performance of the following audit activities to assess the established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation revolving around databases and applications:
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Prepares special audit and control reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing database and application information and trends revolving around them.
- Manage and review security and report incidents revolved around applications and databases.
- Review and assess the root causes analysis and resolutions.
- Periodic reviews back-ups and recovery procedures
- Review of Database server’s configuration and hardening.
- Review of Application server’s configuration and hardening.
- Review the troubleshooting and resolving of database and application problems.
- Ensure audit trails are maintained and documented and then reviewed.
Ensure that the following Information Systems audit and review activities are adequately performed:
- Audit and internal control review procedures are implemented to detect possible violations of information security policies, standards, and procedures.
- Internal audit activities are carried out by designated personnel within the area of responsibility.
- Identify control exceptions and analyze and identify their underlying root causes. Escalate control exceptions and report to stakeholders appropriately.
- A monitoring framework is developed, which would define the scope, methodology, and process to be followed for measuring Security solution and service delivery and monitor IS’ contribution to the business.
- Controls are in place, ensuring audit activities are executed with minimal risk of disruptions to business processes and production systems.
About 5-9 years of related experience of which a minimum of 5-7 years should be in a similar position/responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry entailing Internal Audit activities and responsibilities.
Education, Skills, and Certificates:
- Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering Science or relevant Business educational degrees
- Understanding of multiple technology domains, including software development, Windows, database management, networking, and UNIX (preferred).
- Understanding of information security standards, best practices for securing computer systems, and applicable laws and regulations.
- Professional qualifications such as CIA, CISA, CPA, CFE, CRISC, CISM, CISSP.
Other Technical Skills:
- Risk control and governance
- Data/ financial & risk analysis
- Audit reporting
- Monitoring and control
- Quality inspection
- Regulatory and legal knowledge
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Arabic (preferred)
- Computer literacy
Cost Control Engineer
- @ Parsons Corporation
- Doha, Qatar
Senior Associate – FS External Audit
- @ PwC
- Doha, Qatar