About the job
Perform conceptual, FEED and detailed engineering and design as per design basis, project specifications, design codes and standards. Apply knowledge and skills to a wide range of standard and nonstandard situations. Prepare clear and accurate detailed design calculations and analyses including design reports and procedures. Manage own time to meet agreed deadlines and budgets and develop plans for short-term work activities in own area. Clearly communicate and explain complex issues and work to establish understanding.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Be fully familiar with the project scope of work, specifications, schedule and all inter-discipline requirements; including identifying concerns as early as practicable and taking appropriate initiatives to address the issues.
- Identify changes to scope and promptly raise change notifications, including providing any necessary supporting documentation and estimates. Provide similar support for Variation Orders.
- Interface with other departments to obtain input for Discipline designs and drawings.
- Maintain close co-ordination with other engineering disciplines, Planning, Fabrication, Marine, and Project Management Team, as required.
- Document substantive communications (communications that result in significant decisions or assignment of actions) and forward copies to Discipline Lead Engineer and Discipline Manager.
- Assist in preparation of estimates for bid proposals, including technical query reviews, execution statements and manhour estimates.
- Raise technical queries to obtain missing information, clarify work scope, and to maintain preferred McDermott procedures, specifications, standards, practices and operational requirements.
- Prepare Discipline engineering design basis, philosophies, and technical specifications, as required.
- Participate in finalizing deliverables lists and deliverables, ensuring compliance with specifications and functional integrity.
- Attend project review meetings, vendor meetings, engineering meetings and offshore site surveys, as required.
- Provide technical direction and review of Designers producing products related to Piping Engineering.
- Prepare and review design reports and procedures.
- Assist in providing necessary design inputs to other disciplines to enable them in proceeding with their deliverables.
- Assist procurement personnel in procuring Discipline equipment, materials and services; ensuring that work produced complies with Customer objectives and procedures. Procurement assistance includes preparing and reviewing requisitions, evaluating technical quotations and preparing queries, compiling bid tabulations and recommendations, preparing purchase requisitions, and coordinating with Procurement to expedite vendor documents, as directed by Discipline Lead Engineer.
- Assist in updating weight report based on receipt of vendor information.
- Review vendor and subcontractor submittals, checking for compliance with project specifications and providing comments as necessary.
- Perform design verification through single-discipline check / inter-discipline check (IDC).
- Provide technical support to all fabrication queries, including identifying defect / rectification requirements.
- Keep the Lead Engineer apprised of all activities and concerns, technical, budgetary and manpower related.
- Assist in providing inputs for actual, planning and forecasting progress reports including associated productivity.
- Check final subcontractor and vendor data manuals to ensure that all requested data has been received and approved.
- Participate in internal, Customer and third party technical audits on engineering deliverables and vendor documents.
- Assist Lead Engineer with responses to Customer and other agencies (such as certifying authorities, auditors, third parties, etc.) on their review and approval.
- Capture lessons learned and enter into MDR’s Lessons Learned system.
- Capture Knowledge Objects and enter into MDR’s K.now system.
- Become fully familiar with P&lD, Line List, Equipment Layouts, Piping Specifications, and Design Basis.
- Prepare / Review Special Piping Items List and required piping and valve specifications and datasheets.
- Review P&lD with reference to Piping Material and Valve specification and mark-up Master P&lD.
- Provide input for Hydrotest Flow Diagrams and Line List.
- Perform / Review design calculations such as pipe wall thickness, reinforcement pad etc.
- Participate in Factory Acceptance Testing of Piping Engineered items, as assigned.
- Review Piping MTO with respect to Material Requisitions and Project requirements.
- Prepare / Review Material Requisitions, Technical Queries, Technical Bid Evaluations and Purchase Requisitions for Piping commodities such as Valves, Piping Bulks and SP Items etc.
- Review Vendor Documents and Drawings to ensure compliance with Project requirements
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- 12+ yrs. in oil and gas with major contractor or consultant predominantly performing detail design of offshore facilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or in similar Engineering field
- Strong working knowledge of many design techniques and analysis methods, and detailed knowledge of the content and application of standards, codes and guidelines as applicable for offshore
Preferred Qualifications and Education:
- Qatar regional project execution experience is preferred.
- @ Brunel
- Doha, Qatar
Automation Intern – Siemens
- @ Siemens
- Doha, Qatar