About the job
The Senior Environmental Specialist role will involve understanding environmental risk and general environmental compliance. Tasks will include audits, fulfilling reporting obligations, strategizing and overseeing remediations, and general environmental risk reduction. The Senior Environmental Specialist must have the ability to monitor, perform and advise on matters related to Environmental as directed. May also conduct HSE tasks as assigned.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Guide project, vessel, and facility in the implementation of company’s and site/vessel specific Environmental terms, requirements, and deliverables.
- Identify and ensure adherence to applicable regulatory requirements specific to the scope of work including monitoring compliance.
- Prepare and complete environmental aspects and impacts register, ENVID, or other risk reviews including identification of related controls to manage the environmental risks related to the scope of work and location.
- Ensure environmental plans, procedures and instructions are developed and implemented
- Identify and assign appropriate environmental resources and development
- Prepare and maintain Environmental Risk Register and Corrective Action Tracking
- Conduct Environmental Prequalification of subcontractors and vendors as applicable
- Prepare Environmental audit plans and conducting of audits
- Prepare Environmental performance reports and submission of same to HSES Functional Lead
- Provide SME support to company QHSES training department to include development and delivery
- Develop and oversee plans to meet facility/project Objectives, Targets and Goals aligned to the Area
- Lead or participate as SME in Incident Investigations and reporting
- Provide Environmental input into look ahead plans and reports based on project schedule
- Provide Environmental input to MOC’s and Lessons Learned
- Attend and provide input to forums such as kick off meetings, constructability reviews, readiness reviews, etc.
- Other duties connected with the HSES function, as directed by Senior Manager, HSES/Environmental
Essential Qualifications and Education:
- 7 -10 within the Energy or Construction Industry and preferably within EPCI project execution
- Degree in Engineering, Safety, or Environmental Science
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Have experience with technical activities, including onshore and offshore operations.
- Maintain key competencies associated with the Environmental function
- Communication and presentation skills, both written and spoken.
- Be conversant with local Environmental laws, codes, regulations and norms.
- @ Brunel
- Doha, Qatar