About the job
University of Doha for Science and Technology (UDST) is the first national applied University in the State of Qatar, offering applied Bachelors and Master’s degrees in addition to certificates and diplomas in various fields. UDST has over 50 programs in the fields of Engineering Technology and Industrial Trades, Business Management, Computing and Information Technology, Health Sciences, Continuing and Professional Education and more.With more than 600 staff and over 6,000 students, UDST is the destination for top-notch applied and experiential learning. The University is recognized for its student-centered learning and state-of-the-art facilities. Our faculty are committed to delivering pedagogically-sound learning experiences with incorporation of innovative technological interventions, to further enhance students’ skills and help develop talented graduates that can effectively contribute to a knowledge-based economy and make Qatar’s National Vision 2030 a reality.The College of Health Science invites applications for the position of Lecturer / Senior Lecturer / Clinical Instructor / Assistant Professor in the Bachelor of Applied Science – Dental Hygiene Program.
Reporting to the Department Head, the successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of courses in Dental Hygiene within the College of Health Sciences. S/he will evaluate student progress and manage the resources of the learning environment. The successful candidate will liaise with industry and other educational institutions; participate in industry advisory committees and coordinate, manage and control projects within the specified program area. Faculty members will keep course portfolio documents required for accreditation processes and engage in instructional development/improvement plans. All employees are expected to contribute to professional and community life within the university and beyond.
A Master’s Degree in a health-related field, a Degree in Dental Hygiene from an accredited academic institution, and current licensure/registration with a recognized registry/licensure body. Teaching experience along with 5 years of employment experience as a Dental Hygienist. Special consideration will be given to candidates who have more than 5 years dental hygiene academic experience. Preferably, candidates should have recognition for the following:
- contribution to the advancement of knowledge through applied research, scholarship, publication, knowledge transfer or professional practice
- contribution to the advancement of learning by the leadership of teaching and curriculum development
- professional recognition and standing amongst peers
- academic subject leadership or academic management
- PhD, or an equivalent terminal degree in a Medical or relevant health-related field
- Recent publication(s) in peer-reviewed journals
- Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Education (e.g. Post-secondary Education, Adult Education or Vocational Education)
- Record of successful participation in applied research projects
- Experience in leadership and innovation in technology based project
Other Required Skills:
- Instructor certification and experience delivering Basic Life Support, Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and CPR/First Aid courses.
- Commitment to applied and experiential learning as a pedagogy and a key feature of the College’s mandate.
- Ability to design, develop, deliver, and evaluate authentic learning experiences and assessments incorporating contemporary tools and resources to maximize content learning in context and to develop the knowledge, skills, and attitudes identified in program outcomes.
- Digital literacy and demonstrated fluency in technology systems, and an ability to model and facilitate use of current and emerging digital tools to support research and learning.
- Demonstrated ability to develop technology-enriched learning environments that enable students to be active participants in their own learning.
- Commitment to the effectiveness, vitality, and self-renewal of the teaching profession through self-driven continuous professional development and life-long learning.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative and collegial spirit and a demonstrated ability to establish rapport with learners, colleagues, sponsor-employers, and members of the community.
How to Apply:
You must meet all essential qualifications in order to be appointed to the position. Other qualifications may be a deciding factor in choosing the person to be appointed. Some essential and other qualifications will be assessed through your application, which may include but is not limited to curricula vitae, cover letters, references, teaching dossiers, and sample publications. It is your responsibility to provide appropriate examples that illustrate how you meet each qualification. Failing to do so could result in your application being rejected. Applicants must apply online.We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.EducationDental Hygiene or health-related field