About the job
Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Power Production Technician – Qatar
- Perform corrective operations, maintenance, repair and any other duties as assigned to ensure the safe operation of electrical power production and distribution to various base facilities and refueling support services as required.
- Handle hazardous waste management and any other duties as assigned.
- Conduct all job duties outlined in PWS to ensure professional and quality services are provided to Customer in accordance with program requirements, while maintaining safety as the highest priority IAW PWS, laws, codes, guidelines, criteria and standards established by international, US government, PWS and manufacturer guidelines.
- Provide the highest quality service to the Customer in accordance with program requirements, while maintaining safety as the highest priority to support mission activities in the SOW.
- Be available within 4 hours to meet on the installation with Government personnel as required.
- Must have at least three (3) years’ experience in the electrical power generation field devoted to the operation, maintenance, and repair of electrical power generating and control systems.
- Must have knowledge of principles of electronics and electricity including generation, conversion, transformation, distribution, and utilization.
- Requires at least three (3) years of this experience in a similar role preferably at a US military installation.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and current passport.
- Must have an Active U.S. Government issued Secret Security Clearance and maintain it for the duration of the contract.
- Must have the ability to successfully pass CENTCOM medical requirements and maintain requirements for duration of deployment.
- Must be able to obtain a Country visa (as required in line with the U.S. Department of State Foreign Clearance Guide).
- Journeyman or Master Electrician License.
- HS diploma or GED required.
Other Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
- Experience providing excellent customer service in supporting contract responsibilities in an OCONUS environment.
- Relevant overseas experience, preferably in the Middle East with knowledge of local culture and customs.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules and under pressure of deadlines while maintaining performance standards.
WORKING AND LIVING CONDITIONS
This position may be located in an environment with harsh and dangerous working and living conditions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be exposed to extreme and austere desert-like environment. Temperatures can reach 120-130 degrees Fahrenheit / 50-55 degrees Celsius during the summer months. Employees must be willing and able to perform regular job requirements in this austere, extreme environment. Employees must be willing and able to perform physical activities including, but not limited to, heavy lifting and moving of items, parts, assemblies, and equipment up to the safety regulation maximum; climbing in and out of equipment; crawling; and working outdoors. This includes being able to lift and carry 40 pounds of personal protective equipment for extended periods of time.Amentum will never charge a recruiting fee.
Drone Inspection Officer
- @ QatarEnergy
- Doha, Qatar
- @ QatarEnergy
- Doha, Qatar