About the job
About The Role
This is an exciting time to be part of GEMS Wellington School – Qatar (WSQ). Due to the continued growth, success and ambitious nature of the school, we are delighted to be looking for a dynamic, hard-working and talented individual to join our Secondary Science team.We are seeking an inspirational teacher to join a team of dedicated specialists providing a world-class education to our students. Candidates should have a passion for all Science with a Physics specialism and a proven track record of outstanding practice. They must possess a commitment to helping our students achieve their maximum potential and it is essential to have experience teaching Physics at A-Level.Wellington School is one of the leading British curriculum schools in Qatar and part of the Premium GEMS Wellington brand. We firmly believe, as a truly inclusive school, that every child can achieve, reinforced by our commitment to the High-Performance Learning philosophy (HPL). As a community, we have very high expectations for all and strive for excellence in all we do.The successful candidate will:
- Be a vocational and inspirational educator who supports an inclusive learning environment, with the ability to raise standards for all students
- Be knowledgeable of and confident in the use of proven, effective teaching and learning methodologies
- Be fully committed to our high-performance learning philosophy (HPL) and the notion that every student can achieve
- Have extremely high standards and expectations for all, and be able to work effectively under pressure with excellence as the primary goal
- Be someone who is constantly looking to improve themselves further with the ability to ‘think outside of the box’ and be open to new approaches
- Believe strongly in and fully support the wider extracurricular life of the school to develop fully rounded students
- Be an effective team player with the ability to maintain a sense of perspective and humour.
As a GEMS employee you can be guaranteed of an excellent, well-resourced professional environment, including working alongside highly driven, committed colleagues and fabulously polite and dedicated students. You will have access to significant further professional development opportunities not only at school level but also as part of the wider GEMS Wellington cluster and GEMS network.The post is to commence in August 2023.
Qualifications and Experience
– The successful candidate will ideally have a minimum of 2 years teaching experience. They will also have an appropriate teaching degree and Qualified Teacher Status. To apply for this position, please complete the online application, submitting your full CV along with a Letter of Application outlining why you believe you have the skills, experience and attributes for the role. The deadline for applications is 30 th March 2023.
About Your Benefits
All positions attract an excellent remuneration package including:
Competitive tax-free salary, individual fully furnished accommodation, free schooling, private medical insurance, annual airfares to country of residence and end of Service Gratuity.