About the job
- Providing support to the CFCC (Conduct, Financial Crime Compliance) function in Qatar and providing the Management with confidence that businesses and functions are operating within prevailing laws, regulations and operational risk tolerances, that operational risk management practice is consistent with Group procedures, and that associated control effort is proportionate to risk.
- To provide independent assurance of compliance to internal and external obligations through Compliance Monitoring Reviews.
- Establish and maintain frameworks within Qatar to ensure compliance with applicable banking regulations, internal policies, procedures and codes so as to protect the reputation of the bank with its regulators and balance the needs of other stakeholders.
- To maintain close and open relationships with the regulators in Qatar
- Updating compliance tracker and ensuring all regulatory correspondents are shared with the relevant departments and action is take in a trimly manner
- Set the standards relating to adequacy/retention of internal and customer records in accordance with Group and local regulatory requirements.
- Ensure functions in area of responsibility to operate in accordance with Group policies and standards and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain framework to ensure the systems of management information in functions in area of responsibility are appropriate to the nature, scale and complexity of their operations.
Strategy (Responsibilities that are related to the development and implementation of a strategy)
- Help establish and maintain virtual CRM/RMF organizational set up in the businesses/functions in the CRM/RMF framework and coordinate with the business heads to ensure their effectiveness.
- Provides functional leadership and strategic direction, embedding a high performance culture within the CFCC function.
- Supports the HoC to ensure that all elements of the function work to a collective strategic agenda, providing an integrated risk management capability.
- Establish and maintain framework for functions within area of responsibility to operate within agreed strategy.
Business (Responsibilities related to the delivery of business and / or financial objectives)
- Analyse comprehensive impact of Compliance matters on the relevant business areas and their operations.
- Support relevant stakeholders to make decisions based on current and possible future policies practice and trends.
- Ensure adequate advice is provided to the relevant stakeholders on the interpretation and application of regulatory expectations, laws best practices and policies related to Compliance.
- Maintain an inventory of local CFCC policies and regulations as well as Group Standards.
- Ensure that the Group is notified of material regulatory issues arising in the Qatar in accordance with Group policies.
- Implement the Compliance Risk Management framework in Qatar in accordance with Group Standards and ensure its effectiveness across the businesses.
Processes (Processes for which the role is responsible under the ERMF as 1st & 2nd line; for executing / completing, and for supervising.
- Support implementation of appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address Compliance risks, aligning them with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Provide support and challenge to the stakeholders to ensure that they establish and monitor appropriate process for compliance with Compliance policies, procedures and standards including meeting regulatory obligations and maintaining high standards of culture.
- Provide governance and oversight of the implementation of Compliance related policies and procedures in Qatar to ensure Compliance with such policies and procedures.
People and Talent (Responsibilities related to people and talent matters)
- Ensures that people development and succession planning are integral elements of team management
- Establishes and maintains the overall CFCC training plan, covering all staff in the country, including CFCC function
- Provides stakeholders with the advice necessary to ensure that the Bank and its subsidiaries operate in accordance with relevant local requirements and standards of the regulatory system, Group standards, and the code of conduct so as to protect and enhance the reputation of the Bank.
- Ensure lessons learned from audit findings Compliance assurance activities and specific investigations are prepared and cascaded to relevant stakeholders.
- Support the product programme and country addendum framework in Qatar.
- Support new initiatives from the Group impacting the CFCC function.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the .
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Qatar to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank\\\’s Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Qatar Central Bank and Qatar Financial Markets Authority prescribed responsibilities
- Collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
- Embed Here for good and Group\\\’s brand and values in Qatar,
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
Training, licenses, memberships and certifications
- Thorough knowledge of banking regulations in Qatar and Group policies as well as country-customized policies.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Good judgment enabling the provision of sound advice on regulatory matters.
- Personal authority, integrity and ethics.
- An inquisitive approach to practices, procedures and specific transactions.
- Ability to manage and give leadership to subordinates.
- Independence and robustness.
Role-Specific Technical Competencies
- Compliance Policies and Standards
- Compliance Advisory
- Compliance Review and FCC Assurance
- Surveillance (including Screening and Monitoring)
- Compliance Risk Assessment
- Regulatory Liaison
- Manage Change
- Manage Projects