About the job
Lead of Resident GTC Rotating Equipment
Work hours per day: 10 hrs./day
Work Days per Week: 6 days/week
Work day per Month: 26 days/month
12 weeks on / 2 weeks off (for single)
12 weeks on / 30 days off (annually for marital)
Job Description Highlights:
- Responsible for coordinating all aspects of Rotating and Package Equipment design, technical and execution definition, specification development, datasheets, control systems, performance testing i.e. string tests, monitoring and oversight of vendor design development including planning for COMP2 execution
- Effective collaborations and interfaces with contractors, Qatargas, and Shareholders to ensure the rotating equipment and equipment scope of supply are fully integrated and optimized.
- Detailed knowledge of Gas Turbines, Compressors, Pumps, and packaged equipment
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Minimum 15 years of Engineering experience in turbomachinery
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
· Minimum of 15 years of Engineering experience with detailed knowledge of Gas Turbines and Centrifugal Compressors including design standards, specifications, control systems, performance testing, operations, maintenance, and interaction with OEMs
· Minimum of 5 ys experience in Offshore oil and gas Machinery
· Minimum of 2 yrs of Supervisory experience leading engineers
· Major Project (>$100M) experience
Key Job Accountabilities
1. Provides Rotating and Packaged Equipment knowledge, design, quality assurance, and expertise while overseeing the Rotating and Packaged Equipment aspects of the EPC contract ensuring project deliverables and schedule are met.
2. Directs the preparation and stewardship of Rotating and Packaged Equipment scope of work in EPC contract, advises and recommends design procedures, processes deliverables, and alternative studies, as required, to optimize project cost and schedule.
3. Responsible for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with Company Operations, Policies, Standards of Business Conduct, and Company Project Management System
4. Manages EPC Contractor’s Rotating and Packaged Equipment activities including validation of personnel numbers, qualifications, and experience; usage of appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adherence with all project objectives, requirements, specifications, standards, procedures, execution plans, and design verification processes.
5. Assesses and validates contractor capability in providing all contract documents, progress measurement, and reporting and recommends additional technical support to address gaps.
6. Manages the technical attachments and scope descriptions to all Rotating and Packaged Equipment engineering contracts and the timely delivery of all purchase orders. In particular, all the Long Lead Equipment identified by Contractor.
7. Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
8. Develop, review, and amend various policies and procedures to ensure that all mechanical engineering references are up-to-date and relevant.
Senior Environmental Analyst
- @ Qatargas
- Doha, Qatar