About the job
- Support and stimulate motivation and desire for treatment in Patients and to present themselves as models of success.
- Develop close peer and therapeutic relationships with patients, which facilitate patient’s engaging and sustaining in recovery and in linking with other members of the MDT involved in the treatment plan.
- Be available to community members to listen and to provide advice and information on how to access Naufar services.
- Contribute in determining the suitability of admission to Naufar services for community members, and as appropriate, encourage them to seek help and use Naufar services to support their treatment and recovery process.
- Explain to patient’s the general nature and goals of Naufar and its treatment programmes as well as the expected roles and responsibilities of patients to facilitate their full commitment and ensure an effective recovery.
- Utilise counselling skills to assist individuals in achieving objectives through exploration of the presenting problems and ramifications, examination of patients’ attitudes and feelings, consideration of alternative solutions and decision-making.
- Contribute to the development of the MDT treatment plan by working with the other MDT professionals on regular basis to deliver effective and efficient high quality services.
- Work with patients in bringing together services, other relevant agencies, resources and people within a planned framework of action in order to support the achievement of established goals.
- As part of the MDT plan, to help patients in managing times of acute emotional and/or physical distress.
- Provide information and psychoeducation (Including Pre- Matrix and MATRIX Relapse prevention and Social Support Programs and Addiction Counsellor relevant programmes) to individuals and groups concerning alcohol and other substance abuse.
- Chart the results of the assessment and treatment plan, prepare reports, progress notes in order track recovery process and share information with involved staff in the MDT responsible for Patient’s care.
- Evaluate therapeutic counselling and treatment outcomes to identify gaps in services and recommend improvements.
- Participate in MDT risk assessments to provide recommendations regarding care and monitoring of patients
Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) Involvement:
- Participate in the MDT meetings, discussions and activities to ensure Patients centric care from a clinical, wellness and hospitality perspective.
- Together with the Patients, identify and prioritize her/his problems by conducting assessments to identify his/her strengths, issues and needs, and identify immediate, and long-term goals to contribute to the development of MDT treatment plan and the patients ‘My Care Plan’.
- Work within own professional scope within the MDT closely with other MDT members MDT to assure comprehensive and quality care for the Patients. Seek patients’ feedback both to address them immediately and to share with the MDT and establish plans to resolve them.
Research and Improvement:
- Act as an advocate for Patients participation in Naufar research explaining the information will be used to improve service provision and Patients outcomes.
- Undertake an agreed program of continuing professional development and attend conferences or seminars to increase the personal and collective understanding of mental, emotional and behavioral states or disorders.
JOB REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE & MANDATE:
- Certificate or diploma in Addiction Counselling (or equivalent) which includes clinical practice from a recognized University.
- Completion of accredited addictions core training.
- At least 2 years of experience in addiction counselling in a clinically supervised practice providing care for those with substance use or addiction needs.
- Bilingual (Arabic & English)