About the job
Primary Roles And Responsibilities
- Knows the project and discipline scope/cost/time requirements, assists the team to meet expectations, and coordinates with other disciplines to ensure project success.
- Implements innovative solutions, technology advances, and methods to effectively deal with working out of sequence.
- Supports Lead Engineer in monitoring quality activities, drives and participates in squad checking, recommends improvements, and takes action where required.
- Assist Project Team in project documentation such as proposals, estimates, budgets and schedules.
- Manage Electrical design and any design changes within budget and schedule.
- Prepare and participate in weekly Electrical meetings, prepare progress reports and follow required checking procedures.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with the Lead Engineer.
- Review and advice on layouts, site preparation, etc., during technical evaluation stage of bidder’s proposals to assess technical capability and ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Execute verification, studies and detail design following best engineering practices and optimization in terms of cost, construction simplicity, operability and maintainability, HSSE.
- Gathers data from multiple sources and prepares engineering studies, analyses, calculations.
- Determines technical issues, defines alternate solutions, establishes pros/cons for multiple solutions and makes recommendations through official project documents such technical queries, technical deviations, etc
- Creates final documents incorporating all relevant information and pursues customer approval.
- Reviews documentation to assist others and reviews/authorizes work done by direct reports.
- Evaluate new technology advancements against existing design standards and revise where applicable.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the quality assurance systems.
- Responsible for personal safety safe work practices. Understand and follow the OH&S procedures.
- Promoting health, safety and environmental awareness.
QualificationsIndustry Specific Experience:
- Minimum 12 years of experience in Electrical design and engineering of oil & gas / large industrial projects
- Experience in brown fields & asset services type project / contracts.
- Experience in MV cable sizing based on IEC60287 using CYMECAP will be an added advantage
- Qatar project experience with knowledge of Kahramaa standards is preferred.
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage
- Maintain HSE focus with the team to ensure OHSE requirements.
- Demonstrate behaviour and business practices commensurate with a culture of world’s best health, safety and environmental performance.
- Demonstrate a visible and active commitment to:
- Personal well-being;
- Healthy and safe workplaces and activities; and
- Continuously improve Worley health, safety and environmental performance.
- Identify and report work hazards and incidents.
Welding Engineer – Saipem
- @ Jobs in Qatar
- Doha, Qatar
Electrica (E&I) Superintendent
- @ Brunel
- Doha, Qatar