About the job
Job Title: Senior Dealer International Currency
Department: Money Markets – Trading – Treasury
Location: Qatar, Doha
About Us: We are one of the largest Banks in the MENA region
Position Overview: You will supervise all Money Market (MM) activities in international currencies. You will supervise the inter-bank and customer deposit resources of the Group and refinancing its assets in foreign currencies in a cost-effective manner in accordance with the Group’s strategy, risk appetite, regulatory requirements, policies and procedures and the delegated authority.
- Complies with budgets, policies and procedures in relation to International Currency MM operations.
- Assists in the implementation of annual business plans for the area of responsibility with emphasis on achievement of set targets / objectives, business growth and expansion in the International Currency MM Desk.
- Implements and evaluates of best practice work methods in area of responsibility to achieve optimum level of performance efficiency.
- Builds and maintains strong and effective relationships with all other related units to achieve the International Currency MM Desk goals/objectives.
- Provides timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors, the Compliance function and Group Risk as and when required.
- Assists in maintaining relationships with departments requiring MM transactions in international currencies.
- Performs activities and monitors subordinates in compliance to the department’s policies and procedures for conducting buy/ sell deals in foreign currency, maintaining/ collating MIS pertaining to profitability/ revenue, and observing compliance with the applicable limits approved by the Board/ its delegated authorities.
- Monitors/ performs trading in various international currency money market instruments such as deposits, loans, short-term securities, forward rate agreements and interest rate swaps in approved currencies and with approved counterparties.
- Ensures compliance to set international currency money markets limits and recommends any change to the Head of MM when required.
- Follows-up on the timely processing of international currency MM deals in coordination with Treasury Operations.
- Provides pricing support for major departments and branches in foreign currency products.
- Monitors foreign currency gap positions, and ensure positions are within QCB guidelines.
- Assists the Head of MM in the provision of international currency solutions to customers’ and the Group’s hedging requirements.
- Monitors and analyze the international markets to be able to trade profitable positions and advise direct subordinate within the delegated authority.
- Supports in the provision of accurate reporting of P&L figures of all MM activities and revalue outstanding positions on daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Is involved in the structuring of international currency MM products, as and when deemed necessary by the Head of Treasury Structured Products and Derivatives.
- Monitors performance of direct reportees and guide them in managing their performance by providing appropriate feedback.
- Identifies related areas for professional development of self and all direct reports, and act to enhance professional development of self and others.
- Ensures high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Mathematics, or Economics.
- MBA, CFA, or a related professional certification is a plus.
- Minimum 20 years’ experience in active MM/ALM/liquidity dealing room, preferably in Europe / far east.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Good knowledge of a range of MM and derivative products.
- Knowledge of the international MM and derivatives market and currency.
- Understanding of derivative complexities and hedging techniques.
- Analytical and problem solving skills coupled with decision making ability.
- Understanding of pertinent international and local laws, regulations and practices.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to motivate and lead teams from diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Must be able to work effectively under market pressures whilst maintaining risk control and limit compliance.
- Undoubted ethical awareness and conscious of risks being undertaken.
- Profit and results driven.
Cost Control Engineer
- @ Parsons Corporation
- Doha, Qatar
Senior Associate – FS External Audit
- @ PwC
- Doha, Qatar