About the job
The Senior Project Manager provides overall leadership and guidance for several projects under their authority. The incumbent defines projects’ objectives, budgets and plans and oversees their execution.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Plans policies and processes related to project planning and project management to ensure an effective framework for the implementation of projects.
- Manages complex projects and oversees the management of small to medium projects related to their area of responsibility.
- Oversees project management activities to ensure they are aligned, integrated and sequenced with Sidra’s policies, plans and strategies.
- Develops plans, structure, control and measurement reporting mechanisms for project management activities/requirements.
- Identifies prioritizes and resolves complex problems related to managed projects.
- Manages interrelated activities relating to multiple and often competing areas and services to ensure the successful completion of projects.
- Ensures project management-related initiatives are completed on schedule.
- Provides timely, accurate and well-thought-out strategic alignment management advice to the Director to ensure the department achieves its strategic and operational objectives and targets.
- Recommends and implements corrective actions to improve project management performance for respective areas.
- Establishes communication with key stakeholders (internal and external) to ensure excellent ongoing communication during project activities.
- Ensures communication with relevant departments to align project activities and services with organizational strategies and goals.
- Participates in leadership initiatives for the division such as establishing a method to measure the effectiveness of projects’ processes and actively assisting in refining the project strategy and process.
- Provides oversight, guidance and direction to project managers for identification of risks, issues and change requests during project implementation.
- Participates in the department’s management of risks, issues, and dependencies related to project planning and implementation.
- Oversees designated work groups’ deliverables and activities.
- Provides guidance, makes decisions and resolves issues for direct reports.
- Establishes and monitors performance objectives and milestones for direct reports.
- Facilitates development and achievement of professional & personal goals for self and staff.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- 7+ years of people management experience
- 10+ years’ experience in managing medium to large-scale projects
- Demonstrated experience with Project Management tools, and techniques.
- Demonstrated experience managing project teams and outsourcing engagements
- Experience with best practice quality and process improvement methodology
Project Management certification (PMP or equivalent) from an accredited provider
Project Management Institute or equivalent relevant institution
Subsea Specialist Project Engineer
- @ Brunel
- Doha, Qatar