About the job
About The Role
As a Category Manager, your overall responsibility is to optimize sales for a particular group of products. You will drive the pricing, shelving, marketing and promotions of the category’s products in order to make them as visible, accessible, and appealing to customers as possible. You will also act as an expert in the basic marketing success formula – the right products at the right time for the right price.
Key Accountabilities Include But Are Not Limited To
- Define and implement the category strategy and plans based on department/company initiatives, consumer and market trends.
- Lead, motivate and direct a team of buyers and deliver business results across all metrics.
- Contribute to the profitability of the Category by increasing the volume of products that are sold within the category and improving the speed of inventory turnover within the category.
- Assist or take charge of the ordering, pricing, and in-store organization of products in order to achieve category goals.
- Familiarize with product knowledge, consumer needs, buying practices, and retail environment related to the category to meet the sales goals.
- Maintain a productive relationship with suppliers that are mutually beneficial, as well as create an engaging relationship with customers that are interactive and satisfying.
- Ensuring right selection, availability, and acquisition of products in respective category via effective communications and cooperative relationship with suppliers.
- Responsible for negotiating pricing, delivery and payment terms with vendors to ensure profit margin of the products are maximized.
- Responsible for setting competitive pricing points and adjusting the pricing to increase sales and clear out stagnant items from inventory.
- Expand successful product lines and implement successful exit strategies for unsuccessful unpopular merchandise.
- Successful marketing of the product or product line by using the right formula which includes pricing and availability, balanced with consumer demand.
- Manage inventory to maximize the profitability of the inventory flow by effectively planning and forecasting by balancing projected forecasts and actual sales, creating trend forecasts and implementing sales plans.
- Work in partnership with Retail and Marketing department to ensure effective marketing of products on the shop floor.
- Review performance of the category and department financials (i.e. Profit and Loss Statement) weekly/monthly in conjunction with the Management and reacting as necessary to improve the effect and monitor product selection which suits the business.
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent with Minimum 6 years of job-related experience; OR
- High School Qualification / Vocational Qualification /Diploma or Equivalent (Type of Diploma Based on Role) with Minimum 7 years of job-related experience
Skills And Experience
- Experience of managing high performance procurement in travel retail industry, preferably in a strategic setting in a large size organisation
- Direct hands-on experience in Inventory Management system
- Business / Purchasing qualification
- Strong analytical skills and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solver. Ability to adapt in every situation to find solution
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Specialist knowledge of sourcing, buying, product development and stock management principles and best practices
- Knowledge of processes and practices to research and understand and evaluate customer needs, market trends and analysis
- Knowledge of Travel Retail is a distinct advantage
- Intimate knowledge of branded products. Track record in purchasing excellence – margin improvement range success and promotions
- Comfortable presenting ideas and concepts to groups of varying seniority and levels within an organisation; ability to contribute in a cross-functional team environment.
- Administration and management – knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modelling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Strong commitment to confidentiality
- Ability to organise and prioritize tasks on regular basis
- Able to work on deadlines and work under pressure
- Well-developed lateral and analytical thinking skills
- Excellent project management skills, able to deliver tasks within tight deadline
- Managerial skills – Ability to delegate work, set clear direction and manage workflow. Strong mentoring and coaching skills
Store Manager – The Body Shop
- @ Alshaya Group
- Doha, Qatar