About the job
About The Role
In this role, you will serve as a liaison between stakeholders and IT team, capturing requirements directly with business users and preparing the product backlog. You will be involved in all phases of project life cycle including solution design, development, testing, user acceptance, go-live planning and post production support. You will act as the business domain subject matter expert within IT and assist the development team in understanding the requirements. You will provide all the necessary inputs for the team to complete development in a timely manner and ensure high adoption of the solutions by the business unit. You will work with external solution providers, documenting solution requirements and validating if the vendor solution meets business expectations. We need your experience in training, coaching and guiding the junior IT members.
Role And Responsibilities
- Conduct business requirement analysis for assigned projects
- Act as Solution Requirements Owner for medium to complex programs
- Work with Delivery Lead(s) to identify risks and provide mitigation plans
- Work to bring together various stakeholders and outline in business terms to define and Illustrate clearly the business need and how the underlying technology solution will deliver expected benefits for the organization. Analyze current business processes, work methods, assets/artifacts and propose improvements where appropriate
- Manage and support to achieve traceability of requirements across the project lifecycle from initiator, to solution requirements baseline, to design, build, test and deploy. Together with other team project members, take part to conduct and support Show and Tell sessions with end user community
- Communicate effectively requirements to various stakeholders considering the target audience e.g. business community, architecture and technical teams or UAT
- As required, work together with Solution Architecture and Technical Teams to prepare Technology Impact Assessment and Feasibility workshops with the stakeholders, propose solution approaches as applicable
- Prepare Functional Description Documentation for the Solution i.e. solution description understandable to business community, tracing back to requirements and also aligning to overall solution architecture and design with focus to consider how the end users shall perceive and use/benefit from the solution
- Review and provide feedback for other project key deliverables such as Solution High Level Design, Migration and Test Strategies and ensure compliance with solution requirements
- Bachelor Degree with minimum 7 years of job related experience, in which 5 years as a business analyst in a software development team.
- Excellent knowledge, understanding and proven track record on delivering complex business and technology transformations as Business Analyst.
- Knowledge of end-to-end software development life cycle, starting from requirements phase until delivery and rollout preferably on Azure DevOps using SCRUM methodology.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Business Processes and Knowledge on Airline, travel, ecommerce domains will be an added advantage
- IT Industrial Certifications or Post Graduation with specific focus on Practical deployments is considered a plus.
- Any Business Analysis / IT certifications are considered as a plus.
- Working experience in Agile and Lean software development methodologies.
- Must have good analytical and problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- Work experience on Enterprise architect, Visio, Postman, and Domain Driven Design will be an added advantage
- Experience in Micro service Architecture and Cloud computing methodologies is preferable
- Ability to foster teamwork among team members.
- Ability to lead a diverse group of project stakeholders and members towards successful delivery of a project.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and leadership skills.
- Innovative and creative thinker.
Senior Manager Discover
- @ Qatar Airways
- Doha, Qatar