About the job
We are looking for a Biodiversity & Projects Specialist (HSEQ)
Location : Doha, Qatar
Duration : 12 months
Work Status : Resident, Single
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in environmental science or marine ecologist/biologist or in a related discipline.
- Minimum 15 years of professional experience in biodiversity system and project development in an operational setting (preferably oil and gas or other similar industry).
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of international and national legislation and regulatory related with biodiversity system, including but not limited to Qatar Regulation, IPIECA, etc.
- High level expertise in the field of biodiversity conservation related to marine species, including knowledge of and experience in biodiversity conservation legislation and policy, including for the preparation of reports, submissions and correspondence to Ministerial level that relate to biodiversity conservation and management.
- Well-developed ability to source and synthesize complex scientific information for use in biodiversity system development.
- Verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate and negotiate with others, resolve conflicts, and develop practical and innovative solutions to complex problems.
- Experience and expertise in supervision, guidance and mentoring of other staff in a team environment or ability to work effectively in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Good understanding of ISO 14001 EMS, preferably with experience of system auditing and implementation.
- Proven ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- In relation with COMPANY activities, operations, and projects:
- Develop Biodiversity Policy and Strategy for COMPANY
- Define a biodiversity management system with policy, objectives, guidelines, action plan, reporting and monitoring in line with stakeholders’ expectations (MECC, Qatar Energy, Total Energies, key stakeholders)
- Develop biodiversity metrics from Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) or another reference
- Develop and conduct biodiversity projects, with relevant advice, surveys, and studies to support COMPANY’s ambitions to preserve biodiversity and support project permits (CTC).
- Propose mitigation and when required compensatory measures to preserve biodiversity and monitor their effectiveness
- Ensure budget requirements to implement biodiversity action plan and mitigation for projects
- Ensure internal and external communication related to biodiversity and for projects
- Represent COMPANY externally on Biodiversity and for Projects
- Engage with National and International projects of biodiversity interest as required.
- Support COMPANY Environmental Management System in accordance with ISO14001:2015 EMS standards.
- Support in COMPANY Oil Spill Response Readiness and Preparedness.
- Identify any national and international legal and regulatory requirements related to Biodiversity. Including a review of the Consent to Operate (CTO) and Consent to Construct (CTC) requirements in relation to biodiversity. Support in securing the CTO and CTC(s) from MECC and its compliance assurance program across the company with.
- Advise COMPANY Project Teams on the biodiversity requirements in project design and plan stage with early screening to support identifying mitigation measures and ensure subsequent impact assessment analysis is conducted.
- Participate in biodiversity impact identification and risk assessments for the operation or projects. Advise and support other function in implementing biodiversity mitigation measures and biodiversity monitoring program(s)Provide Radiation Protection advise and act as Company Radiation Protection Officer, review of Contractors radiation procedures. Prepare and update radiation and NORM procedures.
- Engage cross functionally with internal and external stakeholders in developing Biodiversity Policy, Standards, Guidelines and Objectives.
- Develop biodiversity metrics from Global Reporting Initiative or another international and national reference. As it pertains to sustainability reporting as part of the corporate environmental, social, and governance (ESG) programs.
- Biodiversity data collection, validation, consolidation, and reporting to various internal and external stakeholders including the Ministry of Environment and Climate Change (MECC).
- Implement the defined Biodiversity Action Plan (BAP) program, strategic goal, and target.
- Establish a contract for biodiversity monitoring and survey project and manage the project implementation with Contractor.
- Prepare the budget required to implement BAP and budget monitoring.
- Communicate and liaise with international and national stakeholders: MECC, academics, wildlife experts and e-NGO for biodiversity engagement and partnership.
- Liaise and engage with MECC for biodiversity projects and system implementation, e.g., Whale Shark Project, etc. to review technical scope of work; find and manage external partners / stakeholders.
- Develop Habitat and Species Sensitivity Map in coordination with GIS counterpart.
- Raise awareness and prepare training of Biodiversity, Wildlife of the Al Shaheen Campaign to COMPANY departments and offshore teams and sites.
- Support in preparation of scope of works for the contracted service and technical evaluation of service providers for the environmental department.
- Develop/update CMS documents and procedures as necessary with respect to biodiversity and projects.
- Support in the implementation of ISO 14001:2015 EMS, internal audits and Synergi documentation.
- Emergency Response Support for Oil Spill Incidents.
EMEA Project Risk Manager
- @ Worley
- Doha, Qatar
Subsea Specialist Project Engineer
- @ Brunel
- Doha, Qatar