About the job
The Operational Risk Analyst will provide assistance in effectively embedding a culture of risk management within the organization and maintaining the overall adequacy and effectiveness of the operational risk management techniques/ processes. The incumbent will assist in ensuring independent and objective identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring and control of operational risk for Doha Bank. The job holder will assist in the establishment of appropriate loss reporting mechanisms and utilization of same to reduce operational losses faced by the Bank.
Detailed Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing and improving Doha Bank’s operational risk framework which aims to set out the principles, methodology and techniques to establish effective operational risk management.
- Assist in updating/ expanding the existing policies and procedures relevant to operational risk in light of changing market conditions based on Central Bank regulations and other leading practices and guidelines to establish a sound environment for identifying, assessing, measuring, monitoring and controlling of operational risks.
- Assist in implementing the Operational processes within Doha Bank to ensure that they are operating effectively and efficiently toward achieving high operating standards.
- Participate in the review and approval process of Doha Bank’s policies and procedures by identifying control weaknesses or process gaps and providing meaningful recommendations and corrective measures in new products or policies and procedures proposals.
- Coordinate with other sections to understand the gaps in existing policies and procedures and gather feedback from the business.
- Assist in identifying risks and controls of all business and functional groups
- Analyze & measure the effectiveness of controls, identify residual risks and recommend risk acceptance by Management
- Maintain a database of risks and controls for each business and functional group.
- Ascertain and provide risk and control assessment results to Section Head – Operational Risk.
- Assist in identifying, establishing and implementing the Bank’s KRI.
- Maintain database of KRl’s and record KRI reports from each business and functional group into the system.
- Analyze and update Section Head – Operational Risk on KRI reports and the KRls from each business and functional group that requires immediate Management’s attention.
- Investigate operational loss events reported from business / or functional group
- Identify control gaps, accountabilities and policy violations
- University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline will be an added advantage.
- Min 8 years of related experience in a similar position.
- Professional certification such as CFA/ CPA/ CA and or CMA is preferable.
- Experience in operational risk in the banking industry.
Senior Associate – FS External Audit
- @ PwC
- Doha, Qatar
Corporate Bank Analyst – Citi
- @ Jobs in Qatar
- Doha, Qatar