About the job
Plan, track and coordinate both planned and unscheduled shutdown activities related to the offshore asset and selected service contractors to ensure a safe, effective and efficient shutdown program that is completed within the allocated or available timeframe and within budget. Undertake on site coordination support during shutdown activities to ensure planned activities are harmonized and tracked to completion. Maximize opportunities for activity completion as a consequence of an unplanned or unscheduled shutdown event.
Job Context & Major Challenges
- Shutdown Planning and Execution Coordination
- Major Challenges are: (1) Coordination of operational related shutdown activities in a technical environment; (2)regular and detailed high quality communication with a diverse number of stakeholder requirement; (3) Shutdowns complexity; (4) ensure safe and efficient shutdown within agreed timeframe, through on-site coordination; (5) ensure provision for both logistical and weather constraints within the offshore environment; (6) ensure other base business activities on the adjacent facilities are not disturbed during shutdown activity scope.
- Onshore office based position, requiring significant offshore visits, prior, during and post shutdown completion.
Key Job Accountabilities – I
- Coordinate shutdown activities with the relevant offshore asset, contractors and vendors to ensure the shutdown plan meets business objectives including the planned facility handover of the asset equipment to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure asset equipment, including Blind tracking is documented within the current shutdown database and the equipment handover procedures are completed to facilitate procedural compliance.
- Coordinate and contribute towards the development and maintenance of shutdown procedures including affected documents/drawings by mark-ups and finalization with concerned parties.
- Ensure that all shutdown procedures are available, reviewed and prepared to ensure completion of all documentation prior to shutdown periods.
- Maintain close and effective communication with all shutdown stakeholders including Engineering & Ventures Group, and all Maintenance sections to ensure all shutdown preparation materials/plans are available and these are coordinated with project brownfield requirements in order to carry out the shutdown efficiently and minimize VDT.
Key Job Accountabilities – II
- Ensure that all pending activities awaiting shutdown are incorporated in to the shutdown plan by generating appropriate work order requests.
- Review shutdown-related Permit To Work (PTW) including activities that require Job Safety Analysis (JSA), analyses hazards and assign control measures.
- Monitor, track and ensure compliance to shutdown KPIs, with emphasis on any shutdown schedule change incurred related to the approved plan.
- Monitor all shutdowns activities and report to Shutdown Head any deviations on work progress that can have an impact on the safety of people, assets or impacting the shutdown timeline.
- Coordinate and assist in the conducting of internal & external audits, Pre Start-up Safety Review (PSSR) and the implementation of company safety, environment and quality policies and programs applicable to Offshore Operations.
- BSc. in Engineering discipline or equivalent.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 8 years’ with shutdown coordination or process operation supervision experience within the Oil and Gas or Petrochemical Industry.
- Experience in an offshore environment.
Senior Environmental Analyst
- @ Qatargas
- Doha, Qatar