About the job
51,000 people. 49 countries. Over 120 office locations.
We’re not just engineers. We’re a global team of data scientists, consultants, construction workers and innovators all working to create a better tomorrow. Every day, we help customers in energy, chemicals and resources get one step closer to solving our planet’s toughest issues. Climate change. The energy transition. Digital transformation. And how we can deliver a more sustainable world.?
Whatever your ambition, there’s a path for you here. And there’s no barrier to your potential career success. For more information, visit Worley.com
Construction Engineers will be responsible for the day-to-day surveillance and inspection of construction activities within their discipline
To ensure safe, quality and environmentally friendly execution of all construction activities on time and within specifications for projects that they are assigned. Review of daily force reports, verification of quantities installed and approval for the release of free issue materials to the Contractor, initial review of Contractor requests for information (RFI) and facilitating coordination meetings
- Ensure timely reporting and assist in investigation of all HSE incidents on their jobs including identifying corrective actions to mitigate/eliminate hazards;
- Coordinating commissioning and de-commissioning activities and preparing procedures and documentation.
- Participates in meetings with the project team to review progress and addresses interface / implementation / execution issues where necessary based on the department’s procedures, practices and lessons learnt from past projects to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly.
- Support planning and execution of commissioning documentation preparation and ensure all interfaces between systems are covered;
- To independently plan and organize Commissioning and Start-up activities based on a good understanding of the company’s procedures, project contract, specifications, documents, drawings, codes and vendor documents.
- Provides inputs regarding the organization of manpower resources and deployment schedule for commissioning.
- Ensuring the safe execution of the work following Safe Work Practices;
- Ensures construction work is carried out in accordance with agreed safety plan, quality plan and schedule;
- Direct accountability for day to day construction activities within area of responsibility;
- Ensure required PTSW, confined space rescue plans, deviations, impairment permits, etc. are in place as required;
- Perform daily safety audits of construction activities per safety accountability matrix;
- Attend weekly safety meetings for contractors on their projects and ensure no conflict to attendance;
- Assist in constructability reviews as required;
- Provides direction to contractor in accordance with engineering IFC package and related construction work packs;
- Attends final walk down for construction jobs with Senior Construction /Field Engineer, Project Engineer and Operations prior to turnover. Manages the punch-list items;
- Brings any construction field related issues requiring engineering support to the appropriate Engineers and meets with Discipline Engineer as required;
- Monitors construction progress and ensure labour, equipment and material resources are available and effectively used in accordance with construction plan;
- Acts as the main interface between various plant departments and the Implementation contractor;
- Focal point for Co-ordination of resources for changing priorities relative to his work area/discipline;
- Responsible to co-ordinate sequential work activities between contractors (e.g. scaffolds);
- Confirm construction materials and equipment are ordered and on site;
- Signs contractor daily timesheets as required;
Essential Skills And Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas related projects
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas Project Delivery as Field Engineer/ Construction Engineer in a multidiscipline workforce
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in Brown Field Oil and Gas Project Delivery with experience in Commissioning
- Previous working knowledge on Qatar site-based projects is preferred
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills
- Supervisory experience
- Fluent English skills
Education – Qualifications, Accreditation, Training
- Full-Time Bachelor’s Degree in any Engineering discipline from an accredited university
- MME (Ministry of Municipality and Environment) engineering accreditation is a mandatory requirement. Candidates not holding this accreditation must be willing to achieve this within the probationary period.
- Chartered Professional Engineer (CPEng) status or undertaking the same will be an advantage