About the job
About Your Role
You will be responsible for designing and implementing the end-to-end project and vendor management framework for QR Group based on industry best practices within which the IT projects are conceived, sponsored, initiated, managed, monitored (through KPIs), governed, communicated, reported, change managed and taken to closure. You will define the governance model, methodologies, standards, templates, communication, change management, etc.
You will be leading a team of project and program managers to ensure compliance with the PMO standards and guidelines. You will be responsible for delivering and implementing specifically assigned IT processes and projects across QR groups. You will be responsible for ensuring high-performance culture in PMO with right recruitment, mentoring and performance management.
- Establish the Project Portfolio Management Office
- Design and Implement End End Project and Vendor Management Framework for QR Group
- Implement mature platforms and tools to support the IT PMO and Vendor Management Office (VMO) function across the Group
- Automate and Digitalize the IT processes to reduce wastage and increase efficiency and productivity
- Manage IT-for-IT delivery through PMO or through other departments of IT Division
- Manage the IT Secondment resourcing function in ensuring IT resourcing needs are met in a timely fashion, meeting delivery targets with the right skills at optimal costing.
- Be the Solution Provider to the IT Project Managers across QR Group on Project Management and Vendor Management
- Drive the development and continuous refinement of processes and standards across IT in line with industry best practices.
- Manage the IT Program portfolio life cycle against investment and key deliverables and investment priorities with justification, in line with business needs and IT Technology investment roadmap.
- Monitor, control, and report on the specific QR line of business IT work programme to CIO and his direct reports
- Establish the department or teams objectives and priorities to align and support business objectives.
- Regularly evaluate the department and teams objectives, plans, procedures and practices, and makes appropriate changes if needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree with minimum 10 years of specialist and hands-on job-related experience required
- Hands-on experience in large-scale or complex IT transformation and innovation programs.
- Experience working in a large IT Division or IT organization with success in managing IT PMO and VMO functions for the organization
- Excellent knowledge and hands-on experience and proven track record in developing/implementing IT PMO, VMO strategic plans based on industry best practice methodologies, and establishing IT PMO, VMO, TBM frameworks and blueprints in reference to industry standard models, governance frameworks and best practices.
- Project Management Certification such as PMI or PRINCE2
- Expert Knowledge of organization strategies, analytical and solution mindset
- Good command of the English Language with excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates ability to work across IT and Business groups, introducing innovations, strategies and directions, whilst maintaining existing relationships and responsibilities.
- Demonstrates results in introducing new methodologies to affect change within large-scale organizations.
- Demonstrates a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Operates independently using mature judgment in planning and performing assignments and achieving defined objectives.
- Excellent people management, problem-solving, persuasion, negotiation, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage and communicate with a multicultural and multi-national workforce.
- Knowledge and Expertise in Aviation Industry will be an advantage
- Productive communication skills, assertive and constructive feedback techniques
- Aware of current trends in information technology and attitude towards continuous improvement for self and organization
Specialist, Change and Communication
- @ Ooredoo
- Doha, Qatar