About the job
Overview of the role:
The primary focus of the role will be to carry out dealership service on customer vehicles as per company standards and ensure optimum quality with increased productivity and technical efficiency, thereby individually contributing to generating workshop revenue.
What you will do:
- Prompt execution of service repairs requested on the repair order as per the schedule provided.
- Report on the additional job required in the car with a cost estimate.
- Maintain Check Sheets and Log sheets.
- Tools, Equipment and Work Bay.
- Upkeep tools and equipment in the individual bay as per company standards.
- Proper handling of special tools.
- Proper housekeeping of the work bay.
- Fix it Right the First Time.
- Ensure zero repeat repairs.
- Proper diagnosis and trouble shooting.
- Request for assistance through Supervisor if required.
- Conduct final inspection as per the SOP (standard operating procedures).
- Deliver the desired efficiency and productivity as per the targets given.
- Ensure prompt punch-in and punch-out to get accurate booking hours.
- Complete the training course/internal assessment and other on-the-job training as per the schedule provided by the Training Manager.
- Enroll and get certification as per the principal’s guidelines.
- Prepare for annual skills contests.
- Ensure follow-up of standard operating procedures in the technician role.
- Ensure fire extinguishers are kept closed for immediate action in case of working with fuel systems.
- Use and maintain appropriate PPEs supplied to them.
- Participate in workshop meetings.
- Report all incidents to the supervisor.
Required Skills to be successful:
- Knowledge of Standard Operating Procedures and problem-solving skills in resolving repair, diagnosing and jobs.
- Capability to handle Special tools and equipment
- Capacity for E Learning and training and development plans.
- Ability to use workshop manuals and understand wiring diagrams
About the Team:
- Reporting to the Service Manager and the primary focus of the role will be to carry out dealership service on customer vehicles as per company standards and ensure optimum quality with increased productivity and technical efficiency, thereby individually contributing to generating workshop revenue.
What equips you for the role:
- ITI/ Diploma in Automobile Engineering.
- 2 to 3 years overall experience as Technician in an automotive dealership.
- Technical Skills, User skills in Tools and equipment, basic PC skills, motor driving experience and knowledge of automotive parts.
- Proficient in English.